What do you really hate?

A new sweat shirt that shrinks to nothing when put in the dryer. I am all for reading tags but it was a large sweatshirt now it is a small. Washed next to another new sweatshirt that did not shrink at all. It is a good thing I only paid $9.99 and not the original $45.00 for a hoodie that says “lay flat to dry”. Who lays a hoodie flat to dry? Ain’t nobody got time for that.
It is probably why it ended up at Bealls outlet. Now I have a hoody that fits, but at the wrist. I wanted large and comfy.

3 Likes

If ya followed directions you would still have a large hoodie,

3 Likes

I won’t even eat limp bacon, it’s gotta be crisp even if I’m putting it in something I just gotta cook it first

4 Likes

my poor wifey suffers horribly from a combination of degenerative disc disease, to the point that in places she her vertebrae are bone on bone, compounded by a car accident where she was hit from behind her in a Toyota Corolla the other vehicle a late 1980’s 3/4 ton pickup doing almost 50 mph. She is on some pretty heavy duty pain meds one of which is the notorious Oxycodone/acetaminophen She is very careful about using them and only when she has to. Well here comes the “WHAT I REALLY HATE PART”

Her Dr sent an RX to our pharmacy for her, our insurance company denied it. We had had to go through a whole stupid Prior Authorization process which they denied even after speaking with her Dr. However they were willing to approve Endocet same strength same dose. As long as we were willing to use the generic for it.

**WELL GUESS WHAT BOYS AND GIRLS The generic for Endocet is **Oxycodone/acetaminophen. Just how stupid is that they waste a week and spend I don’t know how much money in paperwork and bullshit to do that.
I HATE THE FACT THAT THE INSURANCE COMPANIES NOW CONTROL YOUR MEDICAL CARE AND HAVE THE POWER TO OVERRIDE YOUR DOCTOR’S DECISION

10 Likes

When my sister-in-law drags home a new boyfriend and decides we need to meet him. Today is mad rush clean house day. Complete with prepare a nice dinner. Would have been easier to meet at a coffee shop for 15 minutes. Oh well, I’ll get a clean house out of the deal.

7 Likes

If I had followed the directions, It would still be in the store.

4 Likes

Welcome to my world, only multiplied by 20-30 times each day. This, ladies and gentlemen, is how we are fighting the “opioid epidemic” in America. Our office handles about 500 PAs a month, except for January. Then it triples. :flushed:

4 Likes

I used to work for a company doing prior authorizations. Worst job ever. All day long I had people yelling at me over the phone because they (or their patients) needed these drugs and I had to tell them no. I cried on a regular basis doing that dumb ass job.

5 Likes

I bet. I’m the go between. I get to talk to both sides. Luckily, our office has a high approval rate (95% or higher), but I still get yelled at on a daily basis by patients. It’s a time consuming process, and I’m positive that it seems to take longer when you’re in pain. I just tell them that it’s a big, government created boat, and we’re all in it.

Edit: and if they’re too hateful, I remind them that if they keep it up, they can get dismissed as patients and have to wait on finding a new doctor!

6 Likes

That would be rough to be in the middle of it. :confused:

Yeah, no kidding. I didn’t talk to many patients, usually just nurses and pharmacists. But when I did talk to the actual patients and had to try to explain their insurance company’s “no” decision it always just broke my heart. I didn’t last long at that job.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t either.

On the other hand, when it comes to patients that aren’t following the rules, I have no problem telling them that the only thing the doc will give them is clonidine to help them through withdrawals.

5 Likes

Gotta love those impromptu visits. Feel ya

2 Likes

I so tired of hearing about the “OPIOID EPIDEMIC” without so much as one fuchin mention of those people that really do need the pain meds! Welcome to our world. Chicken shit workers comp surgeon that did more damage in my shoulder than good and the afore mentioned issues with my wife. Try living a day where without it you can’t function and with it you can barely make it because you don’t want to take as much as it says to and be out of it, or like me who has declined one o the meds because we just can’t afford it. So I’ll grit my teeth and make sure wifey is more comfortable :sob:

4 Likes

But tell me why decline it to begin with if you are going to approve the same damn med just listed under a brand name (which you know your company will only dispense the generic anyway) it’s a god damn power play, it’s sad that our medical care is no longer in the hands of our doctor, but instead in the hands of big business who’s only care is making money!

6 Likes

I don’t know the exact reason, but I’ve seen it happen frequently. I wonder if the pharmacist/pharmacy techs aren’t inadvertently running them through as “name brand only, dispense as written.” Pharmacies make mistakes just as much as other places.

Which is scary stuff.

4 Likes

I understand to a very limited degree because I watch my mom go through it daily.

Fibromyalgia, arthritis, degenerative disc issues in back and neck, both knees having had full replacements, and more… She can barely carry a full 2 liter bottle of soda anymore. Much less heavier items.

I’m glad you still have your wife, and that she has you! That has to carry (relieve) a lot of the weight for both of you (as life is always easier to bear having someone you love near). BTW, sweet of you to take the hit for her (even though it’s fucked up, and you shouldn’t have to), but I’d expect no less, nor am I surprised, with you being the gent you are.

I’m by no means complaining when I say this, but I’m pretty sure that the time is closer than I realized before, that I’m going to have to move in and start taking care of her. There’s going to be some challenging times ahead… chuckles (for both of us I’m sure).

9 Likes

I have a very good relationship with our pharmacy, and keep an eye for new people. It’s taken us 5 years to get to this point. We’ve been accused by an ex-employee of trying to get a med filled twice and so therefore were drug seekers. Had to have my buddy handle that one Their DM is a good friend, our kids grew up in the same area I coached 2 out of 3 of his kids in soccer. So I arranged it so that I stopped by while he was there. We had a talk then included the pharmacy manager. I wasn’t just trying to throw weight around I just don’t like being accused of something I didn’t do. The employee that was the problem was within a month released due to another issue with him caught stealing filled RX’s I think he might be in jail now. kinda proved my point since then we work well together lol

6 Likes

Moved in and took care of my mom back in 1990 with her final battle with the BIG C. Roughest 6 months of my life.

And thank you a more sincere compliment I could not receive from anyone.
Will keep good thoughts and prayers for your mom and for you when you do have to move in, it’s a hard thing to go through. Bless you and mom :wink:

5 Likes

@VapeyMama & @Molly_Mcghee
A job that includes being yelled at ona daily basis is not a job you wanna preform till retirement :neutral_face:

7 Likes

It’s a fairly small part of my job… and it’s worth it when I get to call them back and tell them it’s all taken care of!

6 Likes