What happens to a person's lung after vaping for a month vs. smoking for a month? (Unscientific, but still eye-opening!)

Hey guys! I was watching some YouTube videos when I came across these…I found them interesting, so I thought y’all might too!

Makes me want to show a lot of people who either still smoke, or give me crap for vaping…

9 Likes

These videos are terrible since they show nothing really. Both the cigarette and the vaping videos wold be accurate if our lungs were cotton balls, and we smoked/vaped one month’s worth of cigarettes/eliquid in one sitting.

But I think that everyone already knows that smoking is bad and vaping is good, and some guy is monetizing his youtube channel while preaching to the converted :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Terrible huh? Well, you are entitled to your opinion… Like I said, I found them interesting. Not that I believe this is exactly how lungs will look after smoking/vaping, but I know we have all seen pictures of smoker’s lungs…

I just found it interesting the amount of residue left from the cigarettes vs. e-liquid… and no, our lungs are not cotton balls, but it does show the way it covers the inside of a person’s lungs just the same…

I said it wasn’t scientific in the title…

6 Likes

One shows nothing. The other shows tar and other crap that although was a plastic tube and cotton balls in a jar, nonetheless those contaminants most definitely are ingested and left for your body to deal with. I did this to myself for 20 years, and I’m appalled I allowed it to happen. Unscientific, yes, but telling. I don’t want to post a picture of a smoker’s lungs here because that’s just incorrigible. But Google-Fu them and see some if you want…

And forget the pro-vaping angle. Just view the first video for a little anti-smoking ammo.

4 Likes

Same here, except it was 30 years. I know exactly what you mean.

One video I would spread around is also not really scientific but actually does some myth debunking:

4 Likes

i like this one also , its old but gives people an idea… thats all these videos are for , to give someone an idea of the difference …great post @Josephine_van_Rijn

https://youtu.be/t9-IKTu3u8U

3 Likes

Another “get an idea” video. The thumbnail doesn’t work but the video still does.

2 Likes

that was very impressive. the vast differences between cigs, e cigs, and cigars is amazing. I wish the misinformation would stop and facts be better known.

1 Like