WHAT Has Made You Smile Today?

If brownies don’t make you smile…you’re dead :slight_smile:

For years I’ve been using a box mix of chewy brownies, and then one of the cheap little bags too. So it makes a nice thick batch. Well I might a well admit that I add half a cup of shredded milk chocolate, a 1/4 cup of dark cocoa, and two cups of coconut to it. I then have my own amounts of butter, oil, eggs, vanilla a dab of baking soda, and then one more thing that I’m not at liberty to admit, and no it’s not plant at all so get htat idea out of your head. Just my own little twist that make people go crunch crunch crunch, WTF is that. I smile and let them know if they don’t like em they don’t have to eat them. Once reassured it’s nothing illegal nobody gives them up. This time I didn’t have the bucks to go buy the mixes so I did them from scratch and was not totally happy with them so I covered them in marshmallows and melted them on top of them then made ganache, with marshmallows in it and poured over the top to harden up. So kinda like rocky road meets smores brownies. and DAYUM ARE THEY EVER GOOD.

1 Like

Ancient Chinese Secret

Bet there are a lot of folks here that never heard that before.

1 Like

only took minutes to put the table together and put the lego bases on super easy and cheap ($10 for the table and $30 for the lego bases can probably get them cheaper on sale somewhere)

2 Likes

I won $60 playing online poker, for a $2 buy in. that made me smile.

6 Likes

I topped this up a little more last night and was able to buy a Smok Alien kit today :smiley:

3 Likes

My Husband is taking me back here this weekend!

7 Likes

Wow @Maureeenie that is such a beautiful place! I bet you are super excited! I know I would be!

2 Likes

I am, big time. The last time I photographed Tahquamenon Falls was in the spring when the waterfalls were really roiling because of the melting snow. This will be in the fall with lower water levels, some fall color and full leaf cover. It should be very different.

3 Likes

Thinking of a couple weeks down the road when the 5 gallons of fresh olives I just finished picking are ready to eat. I could probably eat half a gallon in one sitting

Nothing beats the flavor of a home cured olive. They are so good.

3 Likes

I love olives! I just buy jars of them, pre-steeped and pitted, and I’m the only one who eats them in the house. I buy a big jar a week. Really good for you apparently.

2 Likes

My new Maze RDA with a beautiful SS coil build from @Pattie and my Hazelnut Cake:
Thanks again dear Pattie!

8 Likes

Your welcome DaMomma. :yum:

4 Likes

how is the Maze?, been tempted by one in the past

AND, just now, this was posted on Facebook:

Hood County Sheriff’s Office1 hr ·
News Release 10-4-16 Information on “Scary Clown” sightings

As of 10-4-16 in Hood County we have had no “Scary Clown” sightings. I
expect this to change the closer Halloween approaches. I would think
this is the dumbest prank a person could ever do. Texas is an open
carry state and who in their right mind would gamble on the risk of
getting shot by someone that perceives a threat and carries a gun. Not
real smart in my book. If and when this ever happens, please proceed to
a safe place and call 911 if you see a “Scary Clown”. If you can’t
find a safe place then you have a right to protect yourself and do
whatever it is that you need to do to keep yourself or another person
safe if you feel physically threatened or your life is in danger by a
person, even one dressed up as a “Scary Clown”. Just because it’s
around Halloween, doesn’t give anyone the right to physically threaten
or harm you. That is against the law and they will be arrested if the
elements to the crime have been met. To all of you knuckleheads
planning on dressing up as a “Scary Clown”, I would reconsider the
thought. Because it may be the last thing you ever do in this life.
Public Information Officer
Lt. Johnny Rose
Hood County Sheriff’s Office

4 Likes

I’ve had mine a couple weeks and really really liking it a lot. Nice and compact but packs a punch. The baby beast is a nice tank too. Only issue I’ve had was some intermittent not firing when I click the fire bar. They have a firmware update that fixes it. If you get that do the update. Otherwise, enjoy it!!

2 Likes

I knew about the mis-fire issue before ordering, but seen reports that the update does fix it :slight_smile: WIll update asap once I get it

Jesus my son is terrified of clowns. Scary or otherwise.

1 Like

Not a good idea to let him see Stephen Kings IT then :smile: because that movie would make him even more scared of clowns.

1 Like

I just saw a pic of that the other day, and remembered the line ‘We all float down here.’ Haha