WHAT Has Made You Smile Today?

How about what made me smile all of last weekend? A rare glimpse into my personal/private life…me and the Queen at the Louder Than Life Music Festival just a few days ago:

For those in the know…yup, Anthrax and Slayer both on the same day! And the last pictureseveral are with Ghost on stage! Most excellent weekend!

EDIT: i know that @MisterSinner will appreciate seeing 2 of the “Big Four” in one day!

15 Likes

Eff yeah brother!!! Looked like the weather was perfect for it too!

1 Like

Yeah, it was great…I didn’t mention some of the others, like Slipknot, Zakk Wylde, Trivium and quite a few others!

1 Like

Nice :smiley: Just curious…I’m not into Ghost really but how was their stage show? I hear it’s pretty cool?

1 Like

It was cool…just mostly theatrics and dress-up…no Pyro or nothing.
Definitely worth at least once to see!

1 Like

Sounds like a plan

1 Like

The ignorance of the arrogance around us…and I am NOT a snob.
The tiny ripples that role into waves in this time of age, and how it gets so well defended by more idiocracy.

3 Likes

Lucky you! I’d love a man-cave like this! Some day … have plans to convert the garage, some day when I have the funds.

1 Like

Thanks man, was sick of getting moaned at for making the kitchen look like a Breaking Bad scene lol :grin:

1 Like

Your day was pretty good. I just stood in the Straights of Mackinaw and froze my @ss off to get this picture:

14 Likes

Beautiful shot Maureeenie , I love that picture!

1 Like

Thank you, very much! I love doing long exposure shots. The bridge is crazy. It’s the meeting point between Lake Michigan and Lake Huron. It’s 5 miles long and 5 men died in the construction of it. The straights are very windy and it’s very, very cold there about 7 months out of the year.

1 Like

I had no idea that it was that flat and kinda rural area until I broke out my google foo. :grin:
Yours is much more artistic :grinning:

2 Likes

Woke up and got out of bed without any assistance, then had an absolutely perfect vape on the Provari w/DaMomma’s Hazelnut Cake.
Jack asked me to enlighten those that don’t know…the Procyon does 50, and the Radius does 60. :smile_cat:

3 Likes

A blustery day at the Straights is better than a warm day at home! The Straights area & UP are my favorite places in the world. Beautiful shot!

We’ve vacationed in the UP for years. When my daughters were learning to drive, and were on their learners permit, I had each of them drive us across the bridge, on the way to the UP. Ahh, I still remember the ‘deer in the headlights’ looks on their faces! I also remember how proud they were, when we were on the other side.

My youngest daughter went to school in the UP, and made the run back and forth across the bridge during holidays and school breaks. Ice, snow, wind, & rain, by herself. I have to admit, it was always comforting when she’d send a quick message ‘just crossed the bridge’ during bad weather.

3 Likes

Oh yes, it is very much in the middle of nowhere to the city folk. The nearest larger city would be be a minimum of 60 miles away. Its a tourist area. A lot of rich people build houses on the shores around the straights they may only visit a few weeks a year. Mackinaw City is on the lower peninsula side and St Ignace is on the Upper Peninsula side. They are ghost towns in the winter.

1 Like

Oh cool, you know the area! We went out to Drummond Island today weather was perfect. Yesterday we went to Tahq Falls and Whitefish Point. It was snowing up there!

2 Likes

Oh yes, know it well. My daughter went to school in the Soo (Sault Ste Marie).

Not surprised about the snow at Whitefish Point. Look at the silver lining… at least the mosquitoes & black flies were gone!..lol. We usually stay in Munising, about 2 1/2 hrs west of the bridge. The last few years we have been breaking up the drive, and spending a night in St Ignace. There are a few good restaurants there, and they have a fireworks display on the water, every Saturday night, which is the night we stay there. Makes for a nice Saturday night.

Sounds like you’re having a good time!

2 Likes

It’s fall!!! :fallen_leaf: :maple_leaf: I was so excited to be able to wear a hoodie to school today. I don’t even care that it’s supposed to get up to 80, it was 50 this morning! :smile:

8 Likes

Then you know where this is…

8 Likes