What is Saline?

Thinking back to those early years struggling with allergies I remember many nights when I was having major trouble breathing I would sit directly in front of that vaporizer with a towel over my head and the vaporizer so I could inhale the vapor to clear my head and chest before I laid down to go to sleep.

Back in the 50’s and 60’s they did not have very good medications for allergies. I still suffer with allergies today but the modern meds work much better than what they had back then.

I have never tried that but I can tell you that vaping does not aggravate my allergies like smoking did.

Those bugs had a narrow escape!

1 Like

Yeah, I remember when Allerest was the only over the counter hay fever pill-- I hated that stuff. Made me feel drowsy and feverish.

Now that there’s good antihistamines, like Zirtec, I can’t take them because they worsen another, more serious medical problem. Maybe I’m move to the Oregon coast… the allergies didn’t bother me there.

What is Saline?

Isn’t that Saline Dion that “Salty” Canadian singer?

5 Likes

I think you’re mixing things up here; Saltine is a cracker :wink:

(Yeah, see what I did there?)

2 Likes

I never mentioned any Saltine cracker but she might be a fire “cracker” as well :wink:

2 Likes

I know, but you were only one small T away :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yup, she might. Nah, I can’t see it.

1 Like

Which brings us to this :yum:

I’d just like to say that, unlike all you guys living the dream in the US, we living the nightmare in the UK can’t get saline for love nor ready money. Pharmacies, supermarkets look at you as though you’ve asked for hard drugs or assume you want eye wash. So I told my dentist last week if she didn’t come across with the goods I’d never bring my rotten teeth to her filthy surgery again. I left with a nice sachet of 0.9% normal saline. And a black eye.:cry: Must remember to get some eye wash next time I’m at the supermarket.

there you go

3 Likes