What is the shelf life for Tres Leches-FW

I have a bottle of Tres Leches (FW ) and I suspect it may have gone bad it’s dark and cloudy I only used it once a long time ago .

4 Likes

I just bought Tres Leches FW in a clearance because i never mixed with one and want to know how it taste (The best before date was end of next September). it is dark, but still clear (not cloudy).

Maybe try to mix with it and taste it first? If you have doubts though, just throw it out. do you use it much?

3 Likes

8 months. I know some TPA and FW have been bang on for like 3 years now for me, but that is one that went putrid within a year. Blech.

5 Likes

Some flavours will precipitate, specially when cold. Dunking the bottle in warm water and giving it a good shake may take it back to life.

3 Likes

I only used it one time I am going to throw it out 14 months old

2 Likes

That might be the wiser decision.

1 Like

Hmm, time to toss mine.
Amber do you have any kind of flavor list with SL approximations?

1 Like

Not quite… Except to say that the bulk of mine have retained their flavor pretty well. Heavy AP flavors have gotten a little off after about 2 years for me though. TPA Lucky Leprechaun went bad within a year as well, really bad like mustard. I guess the main problem would be not having a ‘produced on’ date if any of the flavors are rebottled. A few FW flavors are seeming to be going bad, especially the ones that cause have heavy sediment. Cafe Coffee FW has gotten like motor oil after 1 1/2 years. I can surely try and drum up a list though.

4 Likes

No need to drum up a list. I’m just gonna start whiffing some of my older, least used flavors.

2 Likes

FW Dairies don’t hold up well, while their Vanillas stay pretty OK after the year mark. Some FW Cakes can get a little funny (excluding Vanilla Cupcake). INW Lemon Cake is not great beyond 1 year. TPA Mary Jane can damage the plastic nozzles after a while, but the flavor remains OK. Some of TPA Cereals like Rice Crunchies can go a little off inside of a year. My FW Fruit flavors have remained really good after 3 years.

5 Likes

Just to be sure I went through and sniffed about 15 of my lesser used concentrates including some Tres Leches. They were still viable but now I have to recharge the olfactories. Time to hit the coffee can. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Trust me, you’ll know with Tres Leche. It smells like this.

00019200022019_Front-2

7 Likes

I mentioned that in the shelf life topic some days prior, granted mine is way older then 8 month.

Mine is middle darkish brown color, it looks like coffee that has to much water in it, or not enough coffee grounds, whatever way you want to look at it lol.

However that doesn’t mean anythung, because way back, even tho it has that color it was still great flavor and smelled very “milky” with Caramel nuances, nothing really offending or off putting tho.

Now just opening the bottle it smells like burned corn syrup with overwhelming stinking honey.

I still vaped it since some flavors smell horrid but taste good lol. I’m trying to watch my language and not offend someone, but all I can come up with is this…

It taste like somebody took a shit in my atomizer. So that’s still describing it in a nice way…trust me. I wouldn’t recommend that.

So if you open that bottle and it smells horrid, just toss it. Lol.

Other FW flavors that didn’t last long for me is kiwi, prickly pear, bavarian cream, dulce de leche, tres leches, creamy sponge cake, cake batter dip.

Yellow cake on the other hand, seems to be indestructible lol.

5 Likes