What Ya Vaping/Mixing Today (Part II)?

I’m glad it worked out for you but I don’t deserve all the credit. Lots of people advised me to use Cactus and Pear together, I just got too lazy to keep using them separately and made a base out of them. :wink:

8 Likes

What’s fruit cup texture like ?

2 Likes

So far I’m finding usage of 0.5 - 1% in a mix imparts a good bit of wetness without contributing really heavily to overall flavor. But that also depends on what it’s used with. Higher usage tends to impart primarily the flavor of cactus. Again, depending on what it’s used with will determine how much cactus you taste in the final product. I have yet to taste the pear as cactus easily dominates it. But the pear is not absent - it’s there doing what it does to provide a sweetness of sorts and a somewhat light syrupy quality.

Still working with it though. My views may change some over time and with more experimenting.

You’re gettin it anyway! :slight_smile: :hugs:

7 Likes

^This! It does exactly as the name implies. It adds a slightly sweet slippery texture like you’d get from eating a fruit cup. A lower % .5-2 would be more like a Dole fruit cup “packed in it’s own juice” and using higher % would be more like the light syrup variety.

For my own tastes, I don’t really get any notes of the Cactus or the Pear but I do notice most things become smoother and more blended after a longer steep. Maybe there is a flavor to them and I’m just not noticing? It could be that I’ve been using it so long in almost everything that I’ve forgotten what most of my fruit recipes taste like without it. :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s probably just me, but at higher %s (1%+) I get a harshness that makes it really hard to vape… Cucumber MF and FA also have the same effect on me. But as you said in lower %s it does add a juiciness like no other flavor I’ve tried, without adding to the overall flavor of the mix.

EDIT My bad… you’re talking about Fruit Cup Texture (DIY). I just saw cactus and replied…

Sorry… `homer-gif-1

7 Likes

First time I get something that good 5 minutes after mixing. Now the hard part is going to be to leave the bottle alone for a month to check how it evolves. The fizz is not bad!
Now, dandelion and burdock is an acquired taste but in this case really well reproduced!

2 Likes

This is what is in my Crown 3 today big white clouds of goodness

1 Like

7 Likes

Forgot to add these

6 Likes

I’m sorry @Sprkslfly I missed this. It was in mah secretz stashhzzz.

2 Likes

@anon28032772 I’m liking those bottles. PET ?? Where did you get them ?

1 Like
2 Likes

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100pcs-30ml-PET-pen-shape-e-liquid-empty-plastic-bottles-30ml-Dropper-Bottles-for-vape-liquid/32843353786.html

2 Likes

Thank you @anon28032772 and @Freddie3

2 Likes

So this is the final version, it is closer to what I was aiming for with the first recipe and tastes perfect to me. I think this recipe is one of my best, and it’s also the one with the fewest revisions I have made, this version is the third iteration and I normally need 6-10 to be happy lol.

8 Likes

Have you tried Yes, We Cheesecake from INW?
I’m SFT’ing it now and it’s really good :slight_smile: Good balance between cheese and crust and none of the wet socks or anise going on

10 Likes

I have not, I love cheesecake irl but I have never had a cheesecake flavored vape that I really liked, but LA cheesecake is great for texture at low % and the cream cheese icing has a good cream cheese flavor to it, between the two they meet all my needs lol which is usually to make custards more complex. I almost jumped into the cheesecake world, but I looked at my shopping cart one day and had something like 12 flavors just to try to make a good cheesecake with no idea if I would like it or not, and I abandoned the idea in favor of getting more flavors for profiles I know I enjoy lol

5 Likes

I practically never adapt recipes, but I actually have a few of these, and can sub a few. Normally I’d have to sub almost everything lf I wanted to try a recipe that looks good to me… I have a weird, PG-free stash. I know subbing wil change everything and won’t really taste like yours, but I like what this looks like.

Would you say your Creme Brulee is sitting in the background at .5%? The flavor notes on it didnt give me much to work with. Trying to gauge where to put mine. Thanks!

3 Likes

It’s definitely a background flavor, I use it to up the eggy notes for the French toast and the burnt sugar notes play nicely with the French toast as well, at half a percent it really just boosts the French toast flavor up without adding any cream or custard notes. In my first version I used rf sc elephant ear to try to help the French toast but it added off notes at really low percentages.

4 Likes

Also, everything in this recipe is just to boost up the French toast so it doesn’t get bullied by the cream cheese icing, you can take that concept and adapt away and come up with something equally as delicious or even more so, the black label French toast is the real star and I usually vape it by itself lol

3 Likes