Which coil build is best for which juice?

anyone know what coil build is best for Dark Sweet juices (ex. cappuccino)? trying to get the biggest vape without killing the coil with buildup so fast. I’ve tried some big builds and had caramelized sugar chunks flying around like poprocks

I generally use 2 types of wire for most of my regular builds. Helix wire and Fused Clapton wire. All of which are Kanthal. The smaller Helix wire (28g with 32g in the gaps) doesnt need nearly as much wattage to ramp up reasonably quickly. You could try that wire to see how it performs for you.

Might check out:
For Flavor and non sub-ohm:
At high ohms,low watts,single coil (~2.0/6.8w/30ga;4-6 turns;.11"ID;Rayon and as much PG as you can stand)

I have one tank that only gets NET juice which gunk’s coils real bad and I use a single wire spaced coil SS 316L 24g 5 or 6 wraps 3mm ID in that tank. Vape it till it gunk’s up, pull old wick then dry fire the coil to clean it and re-wick.

Clapton’s, Fused Clapton’s and such all gunk up more than a simple single wire build.

4 Likes

I have found that staged heating a coil build helps with the ramp up time and your main coil however it is built can hold a lot more juice.Does not seem to gunk up as fast, I also ultrasonic clean every now and then.

1 Like

The most basic principle at work here is, the more wattage (and juice) you put through your coil, the more it’s gonna gunk. So your best guess is to use less power. Additionally, TC coils tend to produce less gunk. Also, I found thinner wire to produce a bit less gunk than thicker wire (my guess is that’s due to lower overall temperature).

1 Like

thanks guys. i have been using the Griffin 25 tank and building things like the staggered stapled fused Clapton with twisted helix under the staples in the middle instead of the stacked ribbon wire (bc i haven’t ordered any ribbon wire yet) at like 55watts and the thing was so hot! was vaping awesome, but the gunk was incredibly piling up. i usually like strawberry flavours, but lately I’ve really been diggin’ this cappuccino my friend turned me on to, but it’s killing my builds. i like building more complex coils just as a hobby. until now, with the light juices i have always used, i have had no issues and have only used kanthal wire. if i get stainless, can i build huge coils and get a lot of vape with the dark cappuccino without it heating up enough to caramelize if i use tc mode? i have currently never used tc mode and only worked with kanthal.

I find that letting off the power button at least 1 second before I finish a puff it helps to greatly reduce coil gunking. The coil cools down quicker and it doesn’t burn your juice.

2 Likes

i used to do that on my old kanger subtank to try to keep it from leaking

Wow!!! thats a hella big coil, what deck allows for 11 inch coils?

1 Like

Think you missed the dot in front of that. probably a 2.5mm id but an 11" coil would be cool

i build 11" coils for all my 48,000w mods.

Yeah, I see it now. my eyes are still clearing up with my first sips of coffee

1 Like

Ya they are perfectly safe those 48000W mods - tc isnt that great

5 Likes