Why do RDA's hate me?

Many thanks sis :innocent:

6 Likes

Very interesting topic and read. I have a Pharaoh RDA, have only coiled and wicked it once. It works great.

1 Like

What a sweetheart. Thank you! Pmā€™d you. :grin:

9 Likes

Awesome man. :ok_hand::+1:

8 Likes

Thanks Pattie :facepunch:

6 Likes

Your generosity knows no bounds.

PMing you my info so you can send me this

Most awesome guy I know!!

:laughing:

Seriously, you are a good dude.

13 Likes

You got me in stitches brother :laughing:

7 Likes

@MisterSinner Wow, a SPARE !!! ???

I may have to get a FIRST one of those. Good flavor, easy to run setup for a first time Squonker ??

3 Likes

:grinning: There was a sale months ago on themā€¦ It was on the good deals thread but canā€™t remember where. Def a good starter/medium kit. The atty isnā€™t great IMO and the stock coils are pretty wonky but the mod itself is sturdy and super comfortable. So if you can get a decent real squonk RDA, you will be good to go. Have you hit this thread yet? @Rob62 has a tremendous amount of info here:

USA United Squonkers of America

5 Likes

@SessionDrummer Yo Buddy! Your ailment must be contagious! I just got a Griffin Mini in the mail today and OMG!!! What a PITA!!! Iā€™m on my third wicking and my second coil build. Iā€™d get either dry, muted, flavorless fog or the thing would leak like a sieve. I think I have found a solution with plain old single strand SS 26. It wants a long coil but not a wide coil. It wants no restriction in the wicking ports. It wants the ends of the cotton just tickling the top of the wicking ports but enough cotton around the wicking ports to stop flooding. It really doesnā€™t want to keep up to a clapton. One finicky little atty. Itā€™s been an inch away from the trash can for about an hour now. I enjoy building, usually, but this thing is ridiculous. Iā€™m real tempted to take notes for next time.

2 Likes

If you did not get all the RDA information you needed, please post some more questions/observations.
To recap:
spaced and 2.5 mm at 1.5-2.0 ohms works well for me too.

3 Likes

@Walt3 lol, is it too much to ask for a non picky wicking device these days lol. ā€œ2 inches ftom the trash canā€, roger that.

1 Like

Thank you @Brotherbob1 much appreciated brother.

3 Likes

@TheTinMan1 I appreciate you bringing up this detail. Finally (yes, slacking is mah motto) got around to loading a pair of spaced, 24ga, 5 wrap Kanthalā€™s in the SC v2. 6ml. and have only had a FEW tokes off it, but I gotta say, I did a double take. WHAAAAAAAA ??? !!!

NOW, with THAT said, were my old pinched coils old ? Yes. Did they look funky ? Yes. Were they in need of replacement ? Yes. BUT, but, BUT, Iā€™ve vaped my setups (as most of us have) to be able to immediately tell when thereā€™s been a BIG shift to the GOOD by making a change. So far, spacing seems to have slapped me in the face with a FLAVOR FIST. Iā€™m shocked that Iā€™ve never tried spaced coils before, ā€¦ like EVER. I thank you for the tip off brother.

OMG thatā€™s goodā€¦

9 Likes

Ummmmm, mind if I ask what THIS little beaut is ā€¦

4 Likes

You must take a look at all the pics of it in the WR Custom Mods thread. It is a bueaty.

6 Likes

This vendor just posted this on their thread. Clearance sale on the kit. No black available but good price. Iā€™ve never shopped from them before, just a heads up.

2 Likes
  1. try fused claptons instead of normal singlewire claptons.
    normal claptons work great in tanks buth dont give enoph heat in a rda.
  2. try setting the coils closer to the posts. and lift them up slightly. when i look in my airholles i can se the bottom of my coils.
  3. or kinda 1 more wattage with better coils makes a tone of diffrence. :slight_smile:

and 4. @TheTinMan1 is talking bs :stuck_out_tongue: i have 9 Icons :stuck_out_tongue: not 8 hmf :wink:

6 Likes

some suggestions i could give you by the pictures i have seen

make your ID (Inner diameter) lowerā€¦ is seems like youā€™re building at 3mm or higher IDā€¦ imho high ID isnā€™t favoring flavorā€¦ but in some cases itā€™s needed for being able to deal with the wickā€¦ for example a very thick wire may have a high ramp up timeā€¦ but it also has a ramp down timeā€¦ it could kill your wick easily when your wick goes dry after 1-2 long puffs if you donā€™t saturate themā€¦ and they require a lil more wattage than smaller ones for a faster ramp up than a smaller ID coilā€¦
2-2,5mm works wonders

in your case the Watts youā€™re working seem really low for meā€¦ dual Claptons or dual fused claptons in my experience require much more wattage than the 40W youā€™re using atmā€¦ try to raise itā€¦ Fused claptons and wires like this are best for a warm vaporā€¦ when the watts are low you will experience spitbacks, not good flavorā€¦ etcā€¦

Try Clapton wire 26+34
make like 7-8 wraps in 2.5 ID (it should be -0.5+ Ohms) wick it properlyā€¦ and work at like 70-90Watts if you have sometime to see the difference

airflow:
if you use less than needed = vapor will be hot as hellā€¦
if you use more than needed = you miss on flavor and cloudsā€¦

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts, did an ID of 2 and 2.5 no spittingā€¦28g twisted no probes and flavour, went to 3 and there it wentā€¦ spitting all over.
Try the Kendo gold as well a bit thicker but worth the try, I know it seems impossible coz looking at your builds are nearly perfect, the other thing Iā€™d consider is not having both coils on the same axis us the external pinsā€¦ just some thoughtsā€¦

1 Like