Why don't Recipe counts agree?

I’m not sure of the best place to ask such a question, so I’m adding it to Feedback since I figure people with site knowledge will read this…

I happened to be placing an order and started poking at the Recommended Flavors and Research List thread to find some extra flavors to order.

I was surprised by some of the flavors listed because they didn’t seem - to me - like they’d be that common in recipes. So I clicked on one and followed the links and was definitely surprised by the low number of recipes using that flavor. But then when I searched for that flavor in the Flavor List, the Recipes column showed a much larger number.

I’ll take TPA’s Chai Tea as an example. I clicked on the name in that thread, and on the page that came up I clicked on Recipes at the bottom. The resulting info says that TPA’s Chai Tea has 79 recipes.

But if I go to the Flavor List, search for Chai Tea, then sort by recipe count, I find that TPA’s Chai Tea has 971 recipes.

Is this because there are many private recipes that use Chai Tea? Or is there something else I’m missing?

1 Like

Basically, yea. The recipes that show on the flavor details page are just the public recipes. The recipe number on the flavor list is the total number of recipes; public and private. There are probably 10x as many private recipes as there are public. (If you scroll to the bottom of the Recipes on each flavor you should see the number of private recipes. 892 private recipes for Chai Tea vs 80 public).

A lot of the flavors on the list aren’t necessarily the ‘popular’ flavors but the ones that a lot of us find we use frequently or are some of the best that each company puts out.

3 Likes

Ah, I missed that “Private Recipes” count at the bottom. So I had a really good guess. :slight_smile:

Thanks JoJo!

1 Like

Wow. 80vs 892

I would guess if it’s 2 million shares for custard cap v1 there are 10 billion hidden.

2 Likes