Wismec RX2/3 Fail

Well after 4 months of fault free use its now gone wrong.
Problem is its starts up ok but when you go to vape it just says check battery and the battery indicator is on minimum.
All the batteries I have are fully charged so its not the battery.
Does anyone have a clue before I bite bullet and buy something else.
Cheers

4 Likes

I’ve not owned one of them, but I recently had an issue with the original RX200. In power mode it was hitting at whatever wattage, I don’t know, but I could adjust it up and down to no effect. So I could put it on 1 watt and it was still hitting (based on what I know of the build and how it hits) around 120 watts.

I fixed it by upgrading the firmware. You may want to try that. Good luck!

4 Likes

Positive terminal has come loose on top, needs re-soldered to fix.

17 Likes

It’s probably a snapped wire. Probably can be re-sautered, but I took mine to a local b/m and they fixed it for me for free. I didn’t buy it at that establishment either.
There are several videos on youtube showing how to fix the problem, if you have the tools.

2 Likes

My rx 2\3 has also started having issues saying weak battery. Even with new batteries fresh off the charger. I might have to open it up and see. I think @Awakenow2 also had this problem.

2 Likes

Having the same here with a month left of warranty. Wismec customer service hasn’t responded after a week and two emails. I liked the rx but cs needs a lot of work. I could try the solder fix but if it’s a board issue and I open warranty goes void.

2 Likes

We have two of these mods in the house. Ee have had them for almost a year with no issues.
I do know that the firmware upgrade to make them capeable of 250 watts was defective and I was cautioned to hold off on the update until it is fixed.

1 Like

Oh Lord… my friend please don’t tell me this. I literally just bought one yesterday.

1 Like

They are really sturdy, reliable mods. I doubt you will have troubles!!

2 Likes

I have found with most of these Chinese companies you need to blast them in the comments on their Facebook page. This gets their attention and then they push it up the ladder. It sucks that it comes to this but it has worked for me.

5 Likes

Mine did the same and it turned out one of my batteries were bad, let me ask, do you have a digital charger, or does it just have led indicators?

1 Like

I’m at the point of considering mechanicals or a dna mod. Haven’t had the best of luck this year with what I’ve bought.

1 Like

Good to hear!

1 Like