Wonder Flavours

Is that when Columbus discovered Canada? :joy::joy::joy:
Or who did?

2 Likes

I had to ask Wikipedia… :laughing:
"A celebration of being thankful for what one has and the bounty of the previous year. Thanksgiving (French: Action de grâce), or Thanksgiving Day (Jour de l’action de grâce) is an annual Canadian holiday, occurring on the second Monday in October, which celebrates the harvest and other blessings of the past year."
So no… Looks like they’re not celebrating Columbus… :laughing:

3 Likes

Just got a couple of WF in from BCF, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for where to start these at % wise? Are they weak? Are they strong?

Otherwise, I am just going to start with the usual 3% SF base.

1 Like

I actually suggested a flavour that is local to my province here in Canada and he was nice enough to ship me a big bottle of the concentrate here. Once I get it, I will let you folks know how good it is, as it is one of my favourite berries ever!

5 Likes

It smells pretty damn good, almost like Sakura Allure tea from Teavana, maybe some apple and berry notes in there.

Anyone know what these are suspended in? (The SC’s)

So what are people thoughts, seeing a few more recipes popping up with wonder flavours in but few reviews. I do now like there banana puree (tho light) and tahitian vanilla cream from the original range. Have tried quite a few from the super concentrate range and still generally finding the flavours very light and one dimensional. I did find the same with real flavors super concentrates but have found a few I really like after trying many but with these I have now tried rum baba, banoffee pie, glazed donut, white fudge, nanaimo bar, grenadine, butter tart and black cherry jelly bean. Although some of them have worked in recipes (strangely mainly the butter tart which isnt very nice standalone at all) I think the only one I could recommend is the banana puree from the old line as most other banana flavours I have tried taste like foam sweets or banana skin, this is light but pleasant and realistic.

1 Like

I know, old thread. But i dont see many wonder flavours topics and ive been really enjoying them lately. Ive probably bought about 20 of them in the past month. A couple ive even enjoyed standalone like butterscotch cream pie, rum baba, and crispy coffee something or other. Anyone else digging wf ?

3 Likes

I haven’t had the chance to dive into any. I know I have their orange. It’s ok but wasn’t good enough to write home about.

But I have seen in my research that some folks have had good things to say.

4 Likes

I do. Not only are the bakeries pretty good, some of the fruits and fruit mixes are a great surprise. Enjoying the potency too, not all of them are like that of course, but some are nearly overwhelming that some might consider diluting them lol.

I see if I have some time over the weekend to add some notes from my note book to the WF thread.

3 Likes

I have a few I enjoy but it’s to late tonight to dive in. Glad to have found this thread as I’m pretty happy with the ones I’ve already gotten.

3 Likes

Just a fly by…went thru my stash and discovered I am happy with most all of my WF so far. The nut and creams are all very good for me. The pistachio is the only one that needs a nut boost.
Almond cookie I was on the fence until I started using it in recipes with meringue, sugar cone, or angel cake WF. Works better for me as an accent rather than a cookie.
Pixie stick candy is one of my favorite candies. Give me that tongue bite that I find lacking in sweet & tart flavors.
Tahitian vanilla cream I like after at minimum 2w steep. Before then all I taste is marshmallow. Settles into a very pleasant vanilla cream with a good mouthfeel.
Chocolate chunks, just tasted the sft couple of days ago and like it. I like that I get a rich cross between a milk and dark chocolate. Doesn’t come off as dry for me like I’ve read others mention.
Frozen yogurt, pale for me. Will use to thin a too thick custardy mix and probably won’t reorder.
White fudge, I like this one but haven’t played with it for a few months. All I remember is it does have a nice fudgey mouthfeel and does mute some flavors.
Sft on deck to taste are:
Quince jelly
Caramel butter

9 Likes

Coconut Rum SC: Oh Yumfest :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

/falls over laughing and slapping the floor. :rofl:
stifles

4 Likes

Then I have accomplished at least one goal today!

7 Likes

I finally got a few of these to try. Will be mixing some testers tonight or tomorrow. Any advice or recommendations? I got Angel Cake, Croissant, and Coconut Custard to try.

3 Likes

As always it’s of course subjective, but I would recommend this:

Coconut Custard - 2-5%.
Croissant - .75-3%
Angel cake - 1-4%

I wouldn’t go much higher, because some get very dry with lots of off notes above that percentage window. Coconut Custard you could push to maybe 6.5% if you have too as sft, it’s out of the 3 mentioned the less “offnote” one lol. But I still wouldn’t recommend it.

Steep time is around 3-7 days, even the custard, if you go with the higher percentage tho, then it’s around 14days.

4 Likes

Thank you very much…was wondering how they compared to other sc’s in strength. Appreciate it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I usually mix the angel cake at 3%, can’t remember what percentage I did the single. If you go below 2% the lovely meringue notes suffer imo.

3 Likes

Stupid question…
I’m guessing it’s a complex flavor then, because Meringue notes? In angel food cake?? :crazy_face: :laughing: :wink:

3 Likes

Best part of the cake, can’t deny that.

1 Like