Wotofo Profile users....What's your experience with SS316 mesh?

I’ve recently acquired this RDA and was gifted to me by one of our own generous ELR members. If you own this RDA you know that it comes with a few pieces of Kanthal mesh.
I have nothing against Kanthal but would much rather go TC with this bad boy.

Lightening Vapes sells 5ft rolls of SS316, but there are 4 different sizes. Being a mesh virgin until recently I’m curious to know what the preferred size would be? And how do the different size holes factor in the resulting vape?
Thanx in advance!

3 Likes

I just happened to have a sheet of 400 316L mesh and although the flavor is great, I’m not having any luck with TC. I have been getting some very close dry hits. I’ve read that the 200 version works much better so that’s next on the list. I think it may be that the 400 is too soft and doesn’t form a tight bond with the cotton? Not sure as this is new territory for me. I can say that I’ve used a 430 grade SS Clapton on the Profile and it works great in TCR mode. Sorry I couldn’t be more help.

6 Likes

That was my impression too but I’ve got no experience either.
@Jim22 has a lot of different mesh in his arsenal, he might be able to help out here.

3 Likes

Noted and thanx for the reply! :+1:

1 Like

@Lostmarbles–where did you find sheets? I’ve only seen those little VV spools.

1 Like

TorturedZen I bought the 300 SS316L for my mesh pro but haven’t tried it yet so i’m interested in this too. I’m guessing that the 300 is going to work like a goody.

2 Likes

Just found this…

3 Likes

This place sells sheets rather than spools.

2 Likes

Thank you for the links. The Vape Coil company appears to be in the UK so it wouldn’t be worth the shipping cost on just some wire mesh.
Thanx again tho. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Pretty sure I got this one here. I needed it to build a bug house. Kid took an entomology course

3 Likes

I’m not so sure the shipping would be that restrictive. The mesh will fit into a small envelope so shouldn’t cost that much. I’m based in France so works for me. Doesn’t seem to be much info out there for mesh size and ohm’s ratings. I’m waiting for my first squonk mod and then i’ll build with my 300 mesh SS and feed back.

2 Likes

Hey @TorturedZen! I don’t have the Wotofo Profile RDA, but I do have the Digiflavor Mesh Pro, and I ordered the SS316L 150mesh for it. It works great, and I use it with temp control…

My 5 ft. spool says:

Digiflavor SS316L
150 mesh = 1.67 ohm/ft.

However, the Vandy Vape Mesh spools have different specs:

Each spool measures in at 5ft worth of mesh
KA1 80 mesh: 2.8 ohm / foot
Ni80 100 mesh: 1.8 ohm / foot
SS316L 150 mesh: 0.9 ohm / foot
SS316L 200 mesh: 1.2 ohm / foot
SS316L 300 mesh: 0.37 ohm / foot
SS316L 400 mesh: 0.43 ohm / foot

I’m sure the difference in the width of the Digiflavor vs. Vandy Vape mesh is the reason for the variance in the ohms per ft.

3 Likes

I’m using the Vandy Vape SS 200 mesh. I’ve put it into two profiles and they both register at .18 - .2. It works fine in TC, but I prefer watts. It’s a bit trickier because the SS doesn’t hold the form as well when bent around the tool like the Kanthal does. I don’t notice any difference in taste between the two metals so I’m happy with either.

3 Likes

Ah, thank you. That’s something I needed to know.
Considering the fast ramp up, is the SS able to be dry-fire prepped like round wire?

2 Likes

I have all the different sizes of the Vandy Vape Stainless Mesh and have tried them on the Profile. They all work fine but I prefer the 200. It works really good in TC. I set my Rage at 400 F and 65 watts.I squonk about every three hits. If I forget to squonk, the rage just reduces the power output and I don’t get dry hits.Curious to know what mesh you get and how it works.

6 Likes

Well, the mesh doesn’t need to prepped that way, afaik. I give it a couple of pulses at 10 watt to burn off any oil/residue from the manufacturing process and that’s it. I’m vaping on a VT Inbox right now in TC 55w/440F and it’s great.

5 Likes

Seems like I’m going to have to get some 200 but good to know the 300 works fine. The sheets of mesh seem to me a good option because you can really customise your builds.

2 Likes

I don’t have a Profile, but something I’ve heard is:
For the best experience with any coil, Cut the wicking at an angle so the cotton is not so thick in the juice well.

3 Likes

Yep…I’ve heard this too, but merely anecdotal until i actually get round to trying my mesh pro :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I was trying to ask. My fingers just typed it wrong. :sunglasses:

4 Likes