WWUD (what would you do)

OK so you are at an event (nothing to do with vaping) and you run into a buddy of yours that vapes. You grab a beer and step onto the patio to vape. Part way through the beer he say aw crap I left my juice home. Being the little boy scout you are you have two of each flavor you brought because the bottle are little and well frankly your memory sucks and you might have done it by accident. So you give him one of each flavor you brought. He really likes it. Later that day he chases you down and insists that he has buy some of this juice. Heā€™s just got to have some. So I offer to give him some but no he wants to buy it and maybe others on a regular basis. How much you going to charge per 100 ml bottle?

4 Likes

Personally I would charge my cost ie $2.21 120ml (six flavor recipe + nic,VG,PG & bottle + labor)
$8-10 or FREE especially if itā€™s one trying to get off of the smokes.

3 Likes

I did $5 a bottle, but last time I sold juice it was during the FDA stuff, so I gave bottles away, and folks would buy my lunch at what not. If it was above 200ml, iā€™d have to discuss trades and whatnot

4 Likes

Ask him what he wants to pay to cover your costs, dev time and mixing time

9 Likes

Iā€™m with this.
Experience isnā€™t free, nor are the materials.

But, if heā€™s really a friend, then accept his desire to help (in addition to the obvious adulation heā€™s "showering you with). Given your limited income situation, and while itā€™s admirable to want to gift him some, donā€™t be afraid to cover your costs. Especially if the potential to become ā€œa regular expectationā€ exists on his part.

I use glass, so Iā€™d add an extra bit for thatā€¦
But I donā€™t think it would be unreasonable to ask if $10-$15 per 100ml (or 120ml) would be out of line. Add in the fact that your mixes are almost guaranteed better than anything heā€™s been buying as a ā€˜house blendā€™, and at least 75% of the commercial crap on the shelvesā€¦And honestly, you need no further ā€œjustificationā€ IMO.

8 Likes

10 to 15 depending how close of a friend he is :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I charge $12 for 100ml, $7 for 50ml, $4 for 30mlā€¦unless they are close friends, then I either give it to them or teach them how to mix it themselvesā€¦

6 Likes

Friends give nice donations towards my vape supply purchases
30ml = $5
60ml = $10
120 = $20

Flavors, vg, pg , bottles , scales, mag mixers, etc. ainā€™t cheapā€¦

Saving up for a homogenizer and more flavorsā€¦

1 Like

I will take the liberty of giving my opinion regarding your prices, but I think your business would work better with something of the genre!
30mls. - $ 7
60mls. - $ 12
120mls. - $ 20
:yum:

3 Likes

$10 per 30ml is what Iā€™ve been getting as a donation to my vape supplies for a couple of years. But, Iā€™ve almost always sent double the amount asked for. Soā€¦

Oh, and I give away MOST of what I make to family and friends.

7 Likes

I charge my buddy $20.00 a month for all the juice he wants. Usually 180 - 200mls + first crack at all new mixes. He also gets my old RDAā€™s, Tanks and vape gear that Iā€™ve upgraded. I could sell that stuff, but Iā€™ve already got my moneys worth from it.

6 Likes

Iā€™d tell him what to buy and show him how to mix his own.
ā€œYou give a poor man a fish and you feed him for a day. You teach him to fish and you give him an occupation that will feed him for a lifetime.ā€

3 Likes

If it was me I would do a free mix as a one off. If it it has the potential to become a regular thing and you become his main juice supplier it could become a real PITA to keep him satisfied for free or at cost. Especially if he starts making special requests :smile: Donā€™t be afraid to make a profit, your time and skills are valuable.

4 Likes

If its a real good friend I charge $1.but make him/her my guinea pig, requesting feedback and such.

If its just a friend I charge $7 for 120 ml. I donā€™t mix for them in smaller bottles anymore because they always run off with all my glass bottles and I canā€™t make anything for myself or calling me every two days because they just run out? Sometimes I wonder if they drink it lol.

2 Likes

I see a lot of people here who are being too niceā€¦
Yes you can make a 1 off gift to friends/family if it helps them out, everybody does that. But if it becomes a regular thing and itā€™s something they really like, theyā€™ll probably even pay commercial prices for it. Your time and effort isnā€™t free, youā€™re not supposed to slave for another persons addiction.
Charge about half what it costs in a shop and everybody will be happy, so $7 for 30ml, $12 for 60ml and $20 for 120ml.
Thatā€™s a good deal for everyone involved, nobody would need to feel awkward in any way about this.

2 Likes

I have a friend who loves my juices and will not take them for free so I let him pay at the most $10.00 for a 30 ml bottle sometimes I can convince him to just take it He says itā€™s way better than ā€œpremiumā€ juices plus he is getting a custom made juice that is true I can tailor his juices exactly how he likes each flavor note and to him itā€™s worth it I feel funny taking his money but it does help buy more supplies so why not?

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for offering opinions, I had decided but then the two of them got together and told me what they were gonna pay and I agreed.

1 Like

Why donā€™t you invite him over and teach him how to do it? Better get him to join ELR! In the meantime charge your cost plus a few bucks for the effort.

1 Like

Iā€™m definitely not the guy to ask anyway. I would insist that he just take it (if he;s a good enough friend of course). Friends are friends, YOLO, you canā€™t take it with you, and all that. My wife gets very annoyed sometimes because I give things away or at ridiculous prices when they could easily fetch more. Especially with something like DIY juice. The investment per bottle is so low I would just gift it. I know that makes me a sucker, but thatā€™s not the only thing at least.

30ml ā‚¬ 5,-
100ml ā‚¬ 15,-
and always 1 or 2 10ml freebee to test. I think this is fair. It all goes into mixing. 10ml in germany are between 3-6ā‚¬