Yellow Cake (CAP)

See I find Lemon Cake INW very grainy and not really sweet but the cream in it is nice and I can use it around 0.5% max anymore and I can’t taste anything else in the batch.

I have MF Lemon and to me it is the most potent lemon i’ve used I can use it but 1 drop in 30 mls and it’s still very strong.

1 Like

Agreed INW lemon cake can ruin a mix if % is too high. I also use 0.5% in a pound cake recipe. Thank you for your notes on MF. I recently picked up a few MF on BF (Lotus). The MF vanilla is heavenly. MF coffee is same good at 1drop. Is this revenge for adding flavors to your cart? Lol MF Lemon into my cart it goes lol

1 Like

@mixologist13 @JoJo
I love this thread.

Will have to try JF YC and CAP YC together, never thought of that, mmmmmmm.

Tried the FE Lemon, best I have found that isn’t FLV or MF. Love the MF, it doesn’t get harsh after vaping it like some lemons tend to. Though that may just be me using too high a %…

So since we don’t see a FE Yellow Cake, how is the FA Metaphor in comparison with CAP and JF?

Anyone happen to have all three?

1 Like

I only have Cap’s YC and Metaphor…I’d say Metaphor is more of a blended effect and YC Cap’s I get more YC creamy a lil sweet…

while Metaphor I get this ( copied from my notes on ELR ) Reminds me of Pandoro But done right this time. Delicious you even can get the powdered sugar on the exhale and I can feel it lingering on my tongue. Glad FA revisited Pandoro the original flavor is horrible , Metaphor is delightful ! I tried it as a SnV Max Vg @ 3.5% on a dripper absolutely beautiful ! I’d say in a mix I may start this off in the 0.75-2.25% range

Metaphor is way more dessert rich cake vs Cap’s is a YC a good one but it is very different to me in the effect they both give off. Hope this makes sense.

5 Likes

I kind of get what you’re saying. I recently got Pound Cake by Flavorah and it seems to be almost the opposite of what you are describing; Pound cake is very plain and bready.

Haven’t found a good use for it (Pound Cake) yet, but it has a good texture that I can see using

2 Likes

I just made tonight a forest lemon cake lol I couldn’t help myself w/ all this talk on YC and Lemons…and I am crazy for berries…so in went Forest Fruit, Pound Cake , Yellow Cake Bavarian Cream and some Marshmallows for sweetness.

Pound Cake is called that bc it has a Pound of each ingredients in it… :smile:

4 Likes

I’m not a lemony dude so this is right up my alley. FA seems to want to punch a lot of their flavors with lemon and personally for my tastes, I’d rather it not be there. I’ve used CAP Yellow Cake in one recipe so far and I have to say I like it. As far as warnings, I still use FW Yellow Cake also. I use to smoke cigarettes and the last thing I’m worried about is speculative warnings about Dikes/Diacetyl being so called unsafe in flavorings. Cigarettes have 400-700 times the Diacetyl as vaping with Diacetyl does, and not one person has ever got popcorn lung from either cigarettes or vaping, not one. I have to have lot of hard evidence that can back up a scare tactic.I vape what tastes good to me and know whatever I vape is a lot safer than what I was doing with the cigs.

5 Likes

The warning regarding FW yellow cake is a concern about the fructose (corn syrup) that has been found present in many FW flavorings. It contains i believe 25-30% fructose! A real coil gunker and and real potential for carcinogens through thermal decomposition. I am not concerned with Diketones either but fructose should not be in your e liquid.
Check the “tiki roar” thread for a full list of flavors containing “sugars”

4 Likes

is the gunk on the coils that is creating potential carcinogens??? im curious i use yellow cake and have heard the concerns and read some opinions on ELR but i havent seen solid testing or proof , could tou point me in the right direction to find this ??? id like to read and find out why fructose is worse than any other sweetener , ive only imagined that anything that creating a bunch of crap on a coil would be a potential hazard but look at what coffees do and tobaccos , now dont get me wrong im not up to snuff on this issue like some may be but id like to be ty

2 Likes

what i could tell anyone is that back in december i was sick for over a month with a horrible cough and couldnt shake it , i still vaped , and after a couple weeks i stopped using anything like yellow cake , and it seemed it helped but it had also been further into my cold that i stopped so it could have been i was getting better at the end of a cold

3 Likes

The decomposition of sugars under high heat applications has been thoroughly examined and reported on in many academic articles. Heat and sugar release toxins and yes possible carcinogens.
Here is a screenshot of one such article , i do not know how to link it but google has an easy button built in :wink: lol

The second screenshot shows why information that should be but is not readily available. The powers that be keep scholarly articles under lock and key and charge a fee. People like Aaron Swartz fought for the freedom to access such information. Aaron Swartz is no longer with us as a result. He was found dead after shortly after being a large contributing factor in the political activision which stopped SOPA from being passed through congress. His death was ruled a “suicide” :frowning:

Anyhow, i personally would 86 the FW yellow cake a few alternatives are
Viper Flavors Yellow cake
Jungle flavors Yellow cake
Purilum Yellow Cake
CAP yellow cake
Ooo Yellow cake…
I for one will not knowingly put any “sugar” in my E liquids. As far as Sucralose goes lol i would never ever ever ever use it. Sugar alcohols, RuebosideA(stevia) do not contain glucides and therefore are more than likely more “safe”

5 Likes

tjank you i will get rid of it AFTER what i have is gone lol ty for the info ill check it out , im not arguing any point just trying to learn i have bought the cap yellow cake and am trying it out i wonder if RF SC has any hmmmmm

3 Likes

New post to old thread. I too, was looking to perhaps replace the (damned delicious) FW YC because of the sugars and tried this @ 6%. Tested good, even similar TO FW YC, BUT, it was much much weaker. Will re-test higher, but @6% it just seemed like a good, but weaker version of FW’s. @fidalgo_vapes I don’t have JF YC, did you ever get it or try it ??

4 Likes

Not Fidalgo but I hope it’s ok to answer, he still can and will lol

(JF) yellow cake is a good alternative, still need to back it up a little with a other cake. But so does (FW) yellow cake in my opinion lol.

(JF) to me tastes much better and more authentic, without that fructose/sucralose crap FW constantly has going with their flavors. lower percentage too, most (JF) are in the .5-4% range (subjective of course)

I definitely would suggest it, as well as most (wf) cakes. I don’t think they make a true yellow cake tho.

2 Likes

Thanks @eStorm !!!

1 Like

No i havent i accidently got the JF biscuit which hasnt been cracked yet … i dont use a lot of cake flavors so im on the fence right now weather to continue using FW or try something New

2 Likes