Facebook groups and the rating system

I am like that. If I don’t like a recipe I don’t rate it. Mostly because I figure, It is my personal taste, not that it isn’t a good recipe.

I know I should stop… But I CAN’T I need help.

6 Likes

I remember LOVING this song.

Then I remember HATING it.

Bob Marley was a modern Prophet. RIP

5 Likes

Roger that @Grubby

4 Likes

Peep this one: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/ratings/1763662

73 5* votes in less than 24 hours, im just going straight to gallon size with this one. :wink:

7 Likes

That was one I almost added to my list up there but I realised its a huge team/fanbase doing it :+1:

4 Likes

Even their base gets 5 star ratings…

http://tjek.nu/r/742T

6 Likes

I dunno… it’s all Greek to me

10 Likes

seeing that , the way you showed it is crazy and obvious , silly that people would want to do that maybe its a group of people with low self esteem , has anyone ever messaged and asked what the point is ???

7 Likes

The guy who mixed lemon tart v4 has his own line of commercial juices in Greece and they are all amazing. Look them up, they’re called vnv liquids. People are trying to thank him for sharing his new recipe with the community, instead of capitalizing a lot of money out of it, hence the 5 star ratings. I know it’s wrong, but he didn’t ask for it. Anyway you guys should give his recipe a try regardless of the “fake” ratings.

6 Likes

Hey @redbluegeo, welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

No one is bashin on voodootroll and im sure some of his stuff is good. This is just one incident in a more complex problem, we have had the same discussion several times over the last couple years with different groups. In fact this is the second time this particular group has been brought up, it is all available for the public to read.

Thanks for chiming in and please feel free to hang out and chat, we have a really good family here.

#RateGate hehe

9 Likes

Hello everyone.i am a member of this terrorst group that disturbs your nirvana.so just to make things right.1)we have a facebook group that is marked closed but everyone is welcome to join and have access to everything.the group has also a radio show on mixlr.members of the group communicate everyday with each other and discuss recipes,ideas,new material or ask for advice. 2)on the facebook page just yesterday,5 recipes were discussed,one of them was mine. 3)we keep our own archive of recipes,flavour notes and diy guides.i quess everyone of you is welcome to join and have access.4)people all around are stealing our ideas,create recipes that were originally ours and sell them.although it is frustrating we can live with that.5)NONE and i repeat NONE of our recipes is for sale.we do not sell,we do not have an online store,we do not collaborate with any eliquid company,we do not sell t shirts,we do not sell one shots,and we do not pay any subscription fee to be members of the group.we support and encourage each member to be active and spread the knowledge.6)people here that grumble and start all this noise are mostly people that make money out of their recipes(which in most cases are not even decent recipes,in my opinion)
ps.yesterday elr member Nicholas published a recipe called “dead kennedy project”.we have been discussing this recipe since July.i have mixed 4 versions of this recipe and i have vaped 3 of his versions(sent to me by mail,because we live far from each other).that gives me every right to rate it next minute after it is pubished.and this is just one example of how we work together.so instead of chasing your tail maybe you should start doing things to improve elr and make it more reliable.like deleting flavour notes that advise people to mix cinnamon danish @10% for example.thank you for your time
nikpal

12 Likes

Hey there!
Yeah, I am the clown mentioned above.
Been mixing for some time now, I can not understand why my votes amazes you.
Ok, I could give an one star vote on Mother’s Unicorn Milk. It is crap.
Shortbread bisquit is just a bisquit and not of the ones to die for. I can make a better one with less flavors.
Bust a Nut. Yup. I think 3 stars are a lot for this recipe since I got bullied by Shane because I made a question. And the recipe is really overflavored.
And the same guy who bulled me, Shane is the one who has this recipe and I gave him 3 stars, though he believes that he should get less.
Just read the comments and the conclusion where he is thanking me for helping him.

The recipe given yesterday (Lemon tart) is a diamond.
I got it 15 days ago, it is fully steeped and yesterday went public.
If you like Dinner’s Lady Lemon Tart, this is it. And I believe it is even better.

We are a group of people learning from each other, sharing numerous batches of recipes to other members before they go public and we offer the final recipe for free.
So, eventually, we know who to trust and which recipies are fine to vape.
If you like tobaco recipies, try Vladimiro’s recipies.
Ddilaki has the best chocolate recipies in the whole ELR.
And a lot more.

And yeah, since I already vaped a recipe and loved it, when it will go live I will rate it with 5 stars so as to give the chance to other people to try this recipe instead of some crappy ones floating on top of the list.

So, instead of judging, mix and vape.
Thank you

6 Likes

I think that about sums it up.

2 Likes

Alisa, just check the replies I got for my questions and tell me if you would rate a recipe with 5 stars if you were me.
Personally I believe that BAN is a nice profile if you cut flavors to half, but the responses I got were at least rude.

I will mix the lemon tart recipe up, based on your recommendations.

But you have to acknowledge of the 79 people who have voted for it over the last 24 hours since it was published, have given it an average 4.99 rating out of 5

If you gave 79 random vapers any juice (commercial or DIY) do you honestly believe all 79 of them would give it 5 stars. I personally don’t and for that reason, no matter how good the juice is or isn’t, It can’t be a true reflection of this or any other recipe, you may publish in the future. If the ratings continue in the same way imho

It does come across by voting this way as a form of manipulation to push your groups recipes up the rankings for whatever reason that may be…

3 Likes

well here is a fact that you dont know…
Lemon Tart is a hype in Greece for more than 1 year.
the Vape Alchemists FB group has at the moment 8.179 members 99,5% are Greeks… so 79 votes are less than 1%.

so for example im Malaysia all eliquids are having koolada ws23 etc otherwise they can’t stand on the market.

so Greeks are in love with lemons tarts, is this a crime?

(sorry for my English)

1 Like

We had a lot of people in the group asking for a Dinner lady clone.
So, when they saw the post they got excited I guess. :smiley:

I also have recipes that IMHO should have a different ranking.
E.g. I consider my Banana Tart better than my Kiss recipe.
I can not do something about it.

1 Like

true… your strawberry is crap :joy:
but i have 200ml of your banana tart steeping

2 Likes

Yes but my point still stands the only ones voted in the last 24 hours have given it 5 stars. There must be at least an equivalent 1% that hasn’t liked it, in your group. Where are there votes? I don’t even see 1 down vote or critical comment?

Yes, i do in fact make a few bucks a month from Strawnana, so far i have donated every bit of it. I gave two new people enough money to get them started mixing and sent them a box of flavorings as well as other supplies. I also donated some to hurricane victims. Im not sure what that has to do with this here situation.

This isnt about one incident, this is about you guys 5* every single mix that comes out by one in your group. We understand that as a group you want to stick together, we do the same and that is why we question such things. We have a close family here as well and do many of the things your group does both here and in chat.

I didnt come over to your house and tell you its cluttered, please consider this as you post in the future. A facebook page is a LOT different that running a site of this size.

Appreciate you coming by and sharing your thoughts.

Again, welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

BAN is several years old yet continues to be a crowd pleaser. Im not sure what shane has to do with this, it is @Alisa’s recipe. Feeling slighted by another and then rating a mix based on emotion at the time is not very logical, our people brought the work Democracy. I think you can do better than that. And why would you blame Alisa for the comment of another? How does that make any sense at all?

Lets keep in mind that we are all apart of the greater vaping/DIY community, we are not enemys.

Again, this isnt about one single incident. I have a lot of friends here, some of them very close. I dont rate every single mix that they put out 5 stars, i dont rate every recipe i make 5 stars. To do so would just make the entire system null and that is a disservice to the entire community.

Again, welcome to the forums and thanks for coming by to dialogue.

@Stafylidis_Vladimiro: Mixed Goofys Juice a couple nights ago, smells delicious.

7 Likes