0.3% or 3.0%?

I just got my stuff for mixing my own juice for the first time, but I’m a little confused on the calculator for how much nic to add.
I typically vape on 3mg/ml (on the bottle of premade) freebase, but I’ve seen before on other premades that it shows 3mgl @ 0.3%.
This leads to my question: When formulating my mix, do I enter 0.3% desired strength, or 3.0%?
Sorry for the dumb question, I tried forever searching for an answer to this question without any luck. I just don’t want to end up with 30mg for a freebase mix lol

FWIW it’s 60ml bottle of 100mg nic

Thanks for the help!

8 Likes

It is not a dumb question - we all have had that moment.

Just add 3% in the nicotine strength box and the mg/ml in the other.

For example you have 3mg/ml from 100mg/ml listed on your recipe. That is an accurate figure for a US based blender: in the UK we tend to blend from 72mg/ml.

Personally, I would only query the amount of menthol, though many beginners love it.

9 Likes

@SuperT welcome to ELR, and you are always wise to ask questions, especially about NIC levels.

NIC levels can be expressed quite a few different ways. If you look at the chart below, you can see 3mg does equal 0.3%. As Squirrel said, you’re good to go @ 3% in the calculator.

9 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

4 Likes

Welcome to the club and you got your answer. :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you @SquirrelSmash for the reply and the input! I will definitely be experimenting in the coming days with the flavor and menthol, and add 3% nic in the box as suggested.
I like to have a little for an added throat feel, so I’ll have to see if less = more or vice versa for this particular juice.

4 Likes

Thank you @Brotherbob , glad to be here!
Wish I would’ve discovered this place earlier, as I’ve been vaping for around 10 years.

5 Likes

@Josephine_van_Rijn
Thank you very much!
Yes, I believe I have :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@SessionDrummer Thank you!
Yeah the NIC always makes me nervous, and was one of the reasons I put off making my own juice for so long. That, and not being able to get it readily.
I appreciate the response and the chart, that is super helpful!

5 Likes

It is always fun to play with common concentrates to find your true favoured blends.

For me, I rarely use WS3, WS23 or WS5 (the compounds which many label as menthol).

The last time I used any was this:

The Spearmint contains WS23.

2 Likes

@SquirrelSmash Forgive my ignorance about these compounds, are they dangerous or is it just a different type of flavor to each one?

Edit to add: that recipe looks quite interesting, I may have to give it a try sometime. :thinking:

3 Likes

They are different compounds used to ‘cool’ a vape recipe. Ws23 is the most common and they do have distinct differences based on how they affect your mouth - That’s a point for another day: For now, you just need to know that WS = menthol.

2 Likes