13 Sins, because sinning should be fun

What’s up vapefam!

SirRisc here with another juice review from the rainy island known as the UK!
Today I will be looking into 13 Sins, recipes developed by the same flavor artist behind the T-Juice lineup.
These bottles were sent to me for the purpose of this review by the kind folks of Ecigarettedirect.co.uk !

Premise.

http://i.imgur.com/HscRq5B.jpg

If you’ve been vaping for a while, you have probably come across liquids that boast intricate and elaborate flavorprofiles.
Some are happy accidents, some are artistic visions by a single person.
13 Sins is one of the latter, and has been in development by Nigel Q for quite some time.
If you’re unfamiliar with the name, he’s also the artist behind the well known Red Astaire, Colonel Custard, and Vamp Vape.
(US folks don’t need to feel bad, he’s mostly known in Europe :wink: )

The result is… interesting to say the least.

Join me as I tell you a thing or two about these juices!

The review.

All the liquids were tested in

• Troll, dual coil at 0.4ohm with 0.51mm Kanthal A1, wicked with rayon
  • Freakshow Mini at 0.6ohm with 0.51mm Kanthal A1, wicked with rayon
  • Smok TFV4, single coil RBA, 0.4ohm parallel with 0.51mm Kanthal A1, wicked with rayon

As always these were put on different mods, including but not limited to, Sigelei 100W+, Sigelei 50W VR2, P4Y IPV Mini II, Adamantium X…
Wattage ranged from 25W to the full 100W on the Sigelei 100W+, depending on what I felt like that day.
The Adamantium X was powered by two freshly charged Sony VTC4 batteries.
Each juice was tested for about a day as my all-day-vape.

Packaging.

http://i.imgur.com/9vLCC6b.jpg

The packaging is as posh as the recipes are, but done in a subtle way.
Black glass bottles with a fine tip dropper make it easy to get the juice out, though the black bottles are a bit of a pain because you can’t actually see what’s inside of the bottle.
The labels are a slightly shiny anthracite gray with beautiful portraits which were painted by Fin Dac, an Irish urban artist known for his alternative yet realistic portraits.
The style of the portraits is typical of Fin Dac, a realistic depiction of a face in black and white with a bright color accent on (or around) the eyes.
Definitely something I can appreciate, in fact I’d not be averse to having a portrait like that painted on one of the walls in my future mancave/vapelair.

Jack 3

http://i.imgur.com/h8kFe2N.jpg

Ingredients: 6mg/ml nicotine, PG 50 / VG 50

Description on the website:

The strong hitter, a powerfully moreish toffee popcorn punch, for lovers off all things dessert.

My review:

Scent: Sweet and salty, very sharp and almost piercing

Color: Clear with a brown hue

Taste: Honestly, I don’t like it. It doesn’t agree with my palate, but I have to admit it is an aquired taste.
I never liked salted toffee either, nor salted popcorn. I prefer sweetened over salted.
Despite that I do appreciate the intricacies of the juice.
The fact that it changed in flavor when I switched from a dripper to a tank made it an entirely different profile.
In the drippers the saltiness is less prevalent and some odd notes of mushroom poke through.
A slight accent of salt comes through on the exhale without overpowering the tastebuds, while the popcorn lingers on the tongue.
However in a tank the juice changes to a very salted toffee flavor that is almost too much.
The saltiness remains dominant throughout the exhale and lingers for a while.
Like I said, not my kind of juice but it’s interesting.

• Flavor: 6/10
  • Vapor: 8/10

Suzy 6

http://i.imgur.com/1MDG2Ne.jpg

Ingredients: 6mg/ml nicotine, PG 50 / VG 50

Description on the website:

The sweet assassin, a fruity burst of sweet candy zests which will excite your taste buds

My review:

Scent: A sweet mess of fruits with a sharp accent

Color: Clear yellow

Taste: This feels like the complete opposite of Jack, and it agrees with my palate a whole lot better.
Again the flavor changes tremendously when you switch setups, and there are several layers of flavor to be discovered.
In a dripper the dominant sweetness is what gets you first, then there’s a zest taking over in combination with a strong anise and finally notes of pineapple and strawberry.
In a tank the juice comes into its rightful place. Zesty, sharp but with smooth and sweet undertones.
Pineapple, strawberries, raspberries and a bit of anise are all present and form a whole that becomes moreish.
Whether or not you like fruit blends like this, I guarantee this will tickle your tastebuds in odd places.
Definitely a worthwhile juice!

• Flavor: 8.5/10
  • Vapor: 8/10

In conclusion.

While Jack doesn’t agree with palate and Suzy seduces my tastebuds in all the right ways, I can’t get passed the price of these bottles (GBP18 per 30ml, or roughly €25 or USD27.65).
I understand that premium juice is specialty item and that development of such intricate recipes takes time, skill and effort but this is just too much.
That said I do like Suzy, Suzy is a cool chick and could come over to visit any day of the week.
The black bottles are nice but also a bit tricky as you can’t see how much juice is left in them, but the portraits are stunning.
Is it worth the price? In my humble opinion it isn’t, but I will add that these aren’t really meant to be all-day-vapes. Consider them as being a fancy cigar or a good bottle of wine.

In closing I’d like to thank the guys from Ecigarettedirect.co.uk for sending these juices out to me for review!
And of course all of you who have been reading and supporting my reviews: thank you!

I’m currently looking for more opportunities to review! Do you think your stuff has what it takes? Get in touch!
I can be reached on my website, via DM on Instagram, on the Facebook page, via DM on Reddit, or via DM on ELR.

#staycloudy !

SirRisc disappears in a cloud of Suzy scented vapor

2 Likes