30,000 Recipes

So i just thought that i would post a little blurb on this event, the site now hosts thirty thousand recipes. Fortunately i was up and testing a recipe i am working on, right after posting it i noticed it was about to hit 30k. I set the page refresh to 3 minutes in hopes of capturing the event.

Congrats @Cocotarzan on posting the 30,000th recipe. Thank you to everyone who has made this site the largest database of recipes on the web.

26 Likes

The 30K recipe wasn’t … strawberry milk??? whut!? :smiley:

7 Likes

I like the idea of 30,000 recipes, it would be great if they were 30k different recipes though. Someone posted a name of a recipe the other day and I used the search to look it up and there were 7 or 8 of the same name (it wasn’t a common name if I recall)… looking at the actual recipes they were all identical except 2 (1 had a difference in nic and 1 a little less of one of the 5 or 6 ingredients). This isn’t a complaint, but it would be nice to know how many real unique recipes we do have on here and if there was some way to get those that are copying recipes to make them private so they still have the recipe but the person creating the original has a good comment dialog to review or others can relate to for changes to it.

8 Likes

I am amazed by the number of recipes ,in my small neck of the woods just seeing another person vaping is rare.Then you figure the minute percentage of people that mix , that is a big milestone IMO.:clap::clap::thumbsup:
I think you edited that screenshot! Every time I open the page I always see two things , one will be the word Unicorn and the other will be a slang word for a male /female body part or function!:poop::scream::underage:

6 Likes

Awesome! Thanks :smiley: :tada:

I agree - It’s a staggering amount of recipes. I wonder how many truly unique ones there are :slight_smile:

In other news, the site now contains 447,500 private recipes - that is insane :smiley:

13 Likes

WHATTTTT???!?!?!
447, 500???
WOW!!
thats pretty insane!!

4 Likes

Hahaha, but I bet only a 10th of those are unique.

3 Likes

thats a half a million recipes
in how much time?
how long did that number take @daath??

3 Likes

Well, roughly five years - but it’s only in the last year that it’s exploded :slight_smile:

7 Likes

20k of those are cutwoodspy’s Unicorn milk. I wish there was a way to filter all of those repost out. Because when I use the what can I make link 90% are people’s duplicated recipies. Idk if they are just changing how much to mix or just changing nic mg, but they don’t keep it private. I would really love to see all of those duplicates dissappear.

2 Likes

My pleasure, good sir.

1 Like

Right itd be cool if there was a recipe duplicate checker like for the flavors, when you find duplicates you can flag them. Could flag the recipe as duplicates then go by date as original post to stay public and rest get put to private, or something to that effect…

1 Like

Im guessing a lot of those recipes is cause peeps like me hit adapt to save. I have about 300 i have done that to

2 Likes

I do the same with some of mine for different sizes and minor alterations, not many tho as i still like to write it all down. There are a couple recipes that i adapted which i keep private as well, i didnt figure there was a need to spam the site with such minor changes.

1 Like

Yes, about 201,500 are adaptations!

1 Like

Well that makes 200000 original!

I can relate! I’ve had more than enough strangers stop me to ask “wth are you smoking in there?!” smh.

2 Likes

"Just to toss this out here…"
I work at a lot of different hospitals and clinics, one day when going back into where I work at while I was at a cancer center I noticed one of the people that was getting treated departing, and they were vaping, so of course being a fellow vaper I approached and asked what they were currently using (i.e. device, juice, etc). He told me that had had a person that mixed his juice up for him and added vitamins to the mix to help him in his treatment. I thought that was pretty interesting… I can’t really elaborate on it, the person was just getting into their car and I was, like I say, headed back into work.

4 Likes

Absolutely. It boogles the mind WHY people are making simple adjustments or adaptations public. What’s worse is we all know that a user must intentionally make the recipe public. WHAT is wrong with these people?

3 Likes

It has been a previous topic how the sheer number of random recipes can make searching difficult. I had a recipe in my eJuice Me Up calculator that I neglected to properly save. I opened it and it was blank. When I searched here for Milfs Milk I got no results …Ooops needed an apostrophe …Milf’s Milk

Unfortunately, before I figured that out, I typed “Milfs milk” into google …uh yeah not recommended …sad really …I want those two hours back! Jokes aside, maybe there’s a way to ignore apostrophes in search?

2 Likes