30/70 pg/VG premix help me please

Hi I’m using a 30/70 pg/vg premix and 30/70 nic mix My flavours are pg based so therefore my overall pg % is getting messed up. More like a final 47/53 pg/vg am I right? I’m looking for overall 30/70 pg/vg. Can I just add more vg? Can someone work it out for me as I don’t quite understand it. I had 1 litre of premixed base and wanting to make 120ml bottles.
Been doing this for a while and only just realised that flavours are pg based

3 Likes

Did you check the appropriate boxes in the calculator?

2 Likes

Yes I did, does this give the desired 30/70 mix but I’m adding a premixed pg/vg mix

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

When I started mixing my own I somehow came to the calculations of: 87.96g of pre mix 30pg70vg
Nic 30/70:23.64g
Dragon fruit: 21.17g
Vanilla:3.02g
Strawberry sweet:6.05g
To make a total of 120ml juice.
Then only just realised that my 3 flavours are pg based and this is increasing the overall pg ratio.
My juice has barely any flavour.

3 Likes

That’s quite a pickle you’re in there Ben and somehow I don’t believe your PG/VG ratio is the culprit.

No matter what you make you’ll be faced with that same conundrum. If it were me I’d just buy a liter of VG and a much smaller amount of PG for more precise mixing. Then save that premix for mtl/pod style mixes where 50/50 is more common.

Using 100ml as an example, your 30/70 premix is 30%PG and 70%VG by volume.
By volume that would be 30ml PG and 70ml VG
By weight that would be ~31.08g PG and 88.27g VG.

IMHO, I’d suggest you should;
Read some beginner tutorials on using this calculator, and how to enter your flavor stash properly.
Make small volume test mixes before that larger 120ml amount
Be careful about buying premixes in the future without thinking about the ramifications

5 Likes

Unfortunately without having VG to add separately it is mathematically impossible to get 30/70 with a premix if you are using traditional PG based flavors, because the minute you add a drop of (PG based) flavor, you have now tipped the scales and started to raise the percent of your PG. Literally the first drop of flavor, your percentage is now say 30.2% PG, and every drop of flavor after that will just continue to raise the PG %. I know it’s not what you wanted to hear, but it is actually impossible for you to get a 30/70 mix without either buying some VG or buying VG based flavors. I hope I explained that to where it made sense

4 Likes