4 years and probably $80k saved

Conga-rats on the 4 years brother! Here’s to 4 more and another 80K spent…I mean, saved.

6 Likes

I don’t know how you saved 80k, I don’t even make that (spendable) in 4 years.
And good god, I’ve saved, since I quit analogs in late January of this year, (thinking) 6x30 is 180 days, not quite a pack a day but 180x7 dollars is holy crap, 1200 bucks. Lets round it down to 1000. I’ve spent THAT on vape gear, coils, juice, lab ware, anything at all vape related.
And you know why?
Because if you don’t find something to do with your hands and time, you’re gonna get bored and smoke analogs again.
I had a friend warn me…
“You’ll get tired of the flavor, the coffees and donuts and strawberries and ice cream, they just don’t scratch the itch”, and you’ll go back.
I’m so glad he said that. Because I hunkered down and got my rigs, got my tanks, got my coils, had my first leak all over myself, been teased about my strawberry brulee’s all faggin’ up the smoking circle…
And you know what?
I don’t have to listen to any more of that crap, from my doctor, my mother, myself, “you should really quit”.
Or, “Johnny, you gonna get a wool hat and ear gauges and pierce your nose and start listening to 27 pilots?”
And I just tell them that it’s 21 pilots and my blood pressure is down 30 points and I don’t eat sugar snacks in bed and I spend most of my time in my room (my lab) mixing more and more flavors and getting so annoyingly into this craft that I would never THINK of going back. I quit thinking that 3 months ago.
And frankly I’ve felt guilty at how much I’ve spent on all these rigs and juices, and didn’t realize that while I’ve been spending money on THIS hobby like a drunken sailor, I haven’t managed to spend as much as I used to… killing myself.
I know that vaping isn’t as good as eating kale, but I don’t like kale and neither should anyone else.
Vape life m______ f_______'s.

7 Likes

Actually, I myself prefer vaping Kale to eating it. Best of all is smoking it - but mother does not approve. :yum:

3 Likes

@woftam how much of that money was VGod stuff that you destroyed?

3 Likes

:rofl: I cant recall exactly Joel maybe a $100

5 Likes

You utter bastard Woftam, you’ve made me feel ripped off. I’ve been off for two years but I was only one pack a day. So I 've only saved 20k. (although with our hypocritical and greed driven governments 12.5% annual excise increase it would now be 13-14k/year for a pack a day). You’re 60k in front of me. (Maybe I should have smoked more analogues for the 40 years I did to have felt better now)

4 Likes

A Big Congrats!!! Also a heartfelt Thank You for all you do here on ELR!

5 Likes