4250mAh 20700 battery?

Hey guy’s and girls.

This battery was given to me as part of a private buy I did. It was being used in a Coldsteel 100 mod.

It has a Max pulse of 30w but only a max constant output of 15w.

Safe for use in a higher ohms situation at around 11 to 12 watts or would you not use it to vape at all? Not a brand I have seen before…

5 Likes

Battery Mooch tested this cell.

9 Likes

Thanks mate. Looks like it is ok for low voltage and is actually a reasonable battery. :+1::grin:

7 Likes

Hi @Ianc13 I was looking at this Vapcell recently. Check it out.

I was thinking the same as you, great for my MTL vapes at low wattage.

2 Likes

Looks ok for MTL use @muth. They don’t ship here (unless I buy more than 500 batteries) but will keep my eye out for suppliers locally. :smile:

2 Likes

@muth those are re-wrapped Samsung 50G’s.

Mooch

June 5 ·

Bench Test Results: Vapcell G50 – 15A 5000mAh 21700…great performer but “max” rating issue

Test Report Summary: The Vapcell G50 is a great performing ultra-high capacity 21700 cell. These beat the blue Vapcell 12A 5000mAh, Samsung 50E, and Samsung 50E2. Vapcell says they are rewrapped Samsung 50G cells and they look and perform essentially the same as the Samsung 50G. Vapcell’s use of a “max” current rating is a problem though.

Samsung gives the 50G a 9.8A continuous rating and a 14.7A non-continuous (“temperature-limited”) rating. This means you can use it at 14.7A as long as the cell temperature does not go over 60°C/140°F. The 9.8A rating is what you must use when comparing this cell to others. Hard use of this cell can bring it to 60°C so don’t let it get more than warm.

The capacity of the two cells I tested was 4978mAh and 4979mAh. While this is extraordinary consistency, typical for cells from the big manufacturers like Samsung, they failed to meet the 5000mAh rating Vapcell gave them. The cells I have cannot be the lowest capacity cells in the batch either. I am rating the Vapcell G50 at the same 4900mAh rating Samsung gives them. Why Vapcell decided to exaggerate this rating is a mystery to me and frustrating.

Two cells were sent for the purposes of testing by Vapcell (www.vapcelltech.com). Thank you!

Ratings graphic: https://imgur.com/a/shRsZPF

Full Test report: Bench Test Results: Vapcell G50 – 15A 5000mAh 21700...great performer but “max” rating issue | E-Cigarette Forum

I want to work for the vaping community full time! If you feel what I do is worth a couple dollars a month and you would like early access to battery availability, battery and charger testing and news, and a say in what I test, then please consider becoming a patron and supporting my testing efforts: Battery Mooch | creating battery and device tests | Patreon.

These tests only note the ESTIMATED ratings for these batteries at the time I tested them. Any battery that is not a genuine Samsung, Sony, Murata, LG, Panasonic, Molicel, or Sanyo can change at any time! This is one of the hazards of using “rewrapped” batteries or batteries from other manufacturers so carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Misusing or mishandling lithium-ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury or property damage. They are not meant to be used outside of a protected battery pack and you use them AT YOUR OWN RISK. Never exceed the battery’s continuous current rating and keep the plastic wrap and top insulating ring in perfect condition.

Any rating in my ratings tables can change at any time as different grade cells appear on the market, we get swamped with fakes, or new information becomes available to me. Please, never assume that the ratings in the tables are permanent and will never change! Always download the latest version before considering any cell purchase.

To see how other cells have tested check out this link: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/…/list-of-battery-tests.…/

Support the Mooch !!!

3 Likes

Thanks @SessionDrummer, that’s good to know.

3 Likes

My bad. I do know that Vapcell are rewraps and I remember reading Mooch’s test reports months ago but didn’t remember all the details. Goes to show you how you should always rely on Mooch for the last word and not just another’s recommendation. I should have taken my time to double check and owe you an apology. I’m usually more careful about batteries. Glad @SessionDrummer caught that.

I can recommend (on Mooch’s info) the Molicel P42A as a 21700/4200mAh capacity batt. Don’t know where you are located but Molicel is manufactured in Canada.

3 Likes

Well @muth they re-wrapped a GREAT battery, so original wrap, re-wrap, STILL a great battery. If you get it at a good price, GREAT it is.

3 Likes

I owe you one. I knew they were rewraps and read the report months ago but didn’t remember the details. I jumped the gun when I should’ve rechecked before making my recommendation. Glad you caught that :+1:

3 Likes

Well, personally I am leery of re-wraps, because I never know if they’re “seconds” or not. I think in this case, they look like pretty good original batts, so re-wrapping or not, they’re still good batts. I would compare the re-wrap price to the originals, and just go with the cheaper of the two. Same batts, right ??

:slight_smile:

2 Likes