?! 50/50 base question ?!

it maybe a stupid question but i need a little help.

I have 50vg/50pg base, and 50vg/50pg nic salt. But flavor is in pg. so when i mix everything together in the end in more pg than vg. so i i have to add more vg to the mix to get back to 50/50. So my question is, how much vg do i have to add, i dont know how to calculate this. and does the vg liqud has to be the same brand than my 50/50 base, or it dosent matter ??

thank you for helping

4 Likes

Have you put the numbers into the calculator on the recipe side? It might do the work for you.

5 Likes

@rockmanhatn, @TorturedZen’s right, just set your final desired mix to be 50/50, then enter your NIC at 50/50, enter your flavors, and you’re good. I set the NIC base level for 100mg, and added one PG flavor to the example.

5 Likes

First off, no question is stupid. Secondly, just put the info into the calculator and add your target vg/pg and add your flavors, the calculator should do the work for you.

5 Likes

Just to add the vg you use doesn’t have to be the same brand or type. Most prefer palm based vg over soy but both are fine.

4 Likes

So using the @SessionDrummer example of using the calculator, there’s still one last step BECAUSE YOU BOUGHT 50/50 base. Using ml’s as in that example, you’d add 4.55 ml’s of your base (twice), THEN to bring the VG up, it would be 4.85 - 4.55 = .3ml of straight VG (which matches the ml’s of that 1 flavor). Now the entire mix is 50/50

6 Likes

That’s why they pay you the big bucks chief, thanks for your input

3 Likes

That’s the Canadian Ingenuity we need around here, I’ll talk to Lars to give you a role.

3 Likes

Ahhh shit @big_vape, hehe, forgot he DID say 50/50 pre-mixed. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Help me understand the point of your comment Sparky. Am I missing something or is my initial comment somehow bothersome to you?

4 Likes

Grandpa, I’m not Sparksfly, you’re confused again. JOEL, I’m JOEL, do you understand?

2 Likes

Answer the question dude.

4 Likes

I love you dude

2 Likes

Thanks. Basically i just have add the same amount of vg as flavour on top of everything. But first subtract the same amount from vg as in calculator. Damn i’m stupid, don’t know how i didn’t figure that out :smiley: thanks man, and everyone else. Just need to order pure vg base and i’m golden. Love the community here :smiley:

4 Likes

I think you got it. Notice I said the word twice for the PG value. That bring up both PG and VG to 4.55ml. Then that added VG amount to match the flavour. Your final mix quantity will be larger than the calculator amount by that extra VG you added.

If you had bought separates, you’d have none of these issues.

Do you mind telling us the nic base concentration you bought and the concentration you want to vape?

3 Likes

Yea, i got it tnx. Its logical, just didnt get it at first.

I have 50vg/50pg 20mg nic salt. I vape at 6mg at the moment.

3 Likes