510 connector for zeus x mesh rta

Hey all,

I have a lil question, dunno if anyone tryed this before…
Bought the Zeus X Mesh RTA a while back, 1st mesh RTA but very dissapointed on the ‘cold’ hits i am receiving.
Cannot increase the power to much cause … dry hits…

Was thinking to use a regular coil instead of mesh since it seems to support it.
Anyone had any expirience with this?

Thx!

3 Likes

How are you wicking it? WOTOFO has a great tutorial for wicking mesh. Mesh also has a hard time keeping up with chain vaping.
Never tried using wound coils on a mesh deck. Can’t see why it won’t work. If you keep your coils small enough to keep from shorting out on the chamber.

4 Likes

I do not realy have a problem wicking it, but like you say, the juice is having a hard time keeping up and my prefered juice is kinda heavy (creamy stuff - high vg).
Still my biggest issue with this is the lack of receiving warm hits, its like when i press to long like on a regular one (like my OBS V2 - Dead Rabbit RDA, Kensei RTA ect ect ect …), instead of a warm vape, i get an awefull dry hit :dizzy_face:

Thats why i am flirting with the idea of trying out a regular coil instead of a mesh & adapt the wicking…

3 Likes

Might try looking around for a different deck I got the original version for regular coils. Don’t know if it would be a swap 1 for 1.

5 Likes

I have been using the zeus x mesh every day for about 5 months, yes the mesh coils don’t get hot enough I recently bought the Vandy Vape SS Mesh wire it turned out better.
I don’t think the regular coil will work and wick properly cos you don’t get enough cotton to fill up the holes there the end of the wick sits, I bought the zeus x deck to use regular coils, I would recommend buying the deck for it.

5 Likes

Definitely have same problem with all mesh, it’s not a warm vape and so strange how you can’t turn it up to get there. I got used to it I guess, I think I do lot more big dl puffs with mesh but I can use single coil in the siegfried, the atomizer plus, the profile rdta has holes for dual coil or mesh bars.

I have the as vandy spool also, haven’t tried it yet, wouldn’t that be so sweet, anyone else have a mesh thats warm? Wonder what kind of mesh would do that better, I’m new to mesh rba…

5 Likes

Thx guys,

I am gonna give it a try tonight and let you guys know the outcome :wink:
Gonna start with a single coil & less cotton :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I don’t have mine - yet, but I know from other mesh tanks that they will work with a traditional coil. The problem you may have is that because mesh requires so much wicking to keep the coil saturated and prevent flooding, you might have to use a larger diameter traditional coil 3 - 3.5mm (maybe even 4mm) and enough cotton to block those wick channels. I have one on order so I won’t know until it arrives.

I may just be talking outta my posterior.

5 Likes

I have one coming Wednesday… But I run my profile rdas and profile m up to 70w depending on the ohms, which I mostly run 0.15… The rda’s push higher w a bit better then the M… imho… But I do love the flavor on both…
Can’t wait to try the Zeus x… Would love to know how reg coils run in it though because I’ve never tried it… :v:

4 Likes

I was short on time yesterday and didn’t come to try this out.
I will retry tonight, will post some pics (if it works :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

Ok i gave it a shot ,
Removed that ceramic (or how do you call it :sweat_smile:) white block to gain a bit more space…

tryed with the 4mm…

Turned out a bit bigger but hey … lets experiment :star_struck:

Its not a nice fit in the supports of the mesh, its not made for these kind of coils…

Let’s try a 3mm one, smaller so i could push this one a bit deeper between the supports of the mesh…

Succes, no short with the cap on !

Wicking and testing… - reads out 0,31Ohm on mod.

Result :star_struck:
Warmer vape :smiley:
But the wicking is not that great, i used alot more cotton to fill up the ports, resulting in having to much to go trough a 3mm one, however, for now, been vaping this whole day.
I admid that i let some drops in the driptip to saturate the coil directly, like my RDA’s, but flavor is still top noch & the vape is defo warmer then before :smiley:

And sorry for the big reply post, just sharing my expiriences , please do not kick me from the forum :sweat_smile:

Grz
Brunkezz

8 Likes

Nice job! Shorting was my biggest question.
Might try packing a little loose cotton alongside the cotton in the coil. The dam should stop any flooding.

4 Likes

Will try that next time :+1:
Altough i do not have any problems with flooding.
More like a tight wick, especialy @ the coil :thinking:

4 Likes

Maybe I’ll try a reg coil in the profile rda…

4 Likes

Update, used this for like 2 weeks, and still worked kinda well.
Never had a flooding problem and chain vaping was kind of similar with the Dead Rabbit RTA kind of (coils raised up alot higher then any normal RTA).

3 Likes

I use the steam crave aromamizer supreme v3 rdta with the mesh deck. I use VV kanthal mesh and it never dry hits and its always warm. This thing comes with 3 build decks and can be used on a squonk mod. By far the best rdta for mesh. But so enjoying the mesh havent used the single coil deck or the dual postless deck lol

6 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Psycho_316, you’re talking my language.

3 Likes

:joy::joy: yeah looking at the plus v2 now lol. These are just some bad ass rdta’s. Im running my supreme as a straight rda on my pulse 2 squonk love that squonk pin it comes with lol

4 Likes

It’s a taste machine. You will love it. Remember it is 30mm so you will need a mod large enough to take it without overhang. If I remember correctly the kit came with three separate deck inserts. Using the mesh insert sucks the juice but brings on the clouds and flavor. You will love it.

4 Likes

Im trying to find one i like. I love squonks and looking at topside dual but not sure if there will be over hang. Some say a 30mm has no over hang some say it does. And i need to know if the plus mesh deck comes with a squonk pin. I love my supreme in rda mode.

5 Likes