65VG too thick?

Hi guys, very new to vaping. I am vaping MTL 1.2ohm at 14w. I think my juice is too thick. 65VG 35PG. I’ve read it can be thinned out with vodka or distilled water, but I have no idea how much to add to make it like a 50/50 mix which Ive read is recommended for MTL vaping. It’s just a store bought juice which I’m adding 10mg of nicotine to.

I think I’m burning my coils very quickly because of this. I’m getting 1-2 days out of a coil with less than 800 puffs. That can’t be right?

It’s all so confusing!
Any help would be much appreciated!

7 Likes

Welcome @Kel4x4

What MTL tank are you using?

And what juice?

5 Likes

Hi @Ianc13 ,

I am using a geek vape Z50 kit. And the juice is this:

6 Likes

Ahhhh, you an Aussie too (I buy at VAPR)?

That juice would probably be very sweet, which could be lots of sweetener in it. I always found commercial juice like this destroyed coils quite quickly so less than 800 puffs does not surprise me.

6 Likes

Yeah, Aussie!
I’m in Melbourne. Can I thin it out at all?

5 Likes

Yes, you can add PG to it. The guys at VAPR sell it pretty cheap PG flavour base - VAPR.

I don’t use water or vodka in my juice, I use rebuildables so my 70vg/30pg mixes work fine. Perhaps @SessionDrummer can give advice with this…

7 Likes

I too would recommend increasing the PG, as every time I’ve tried to use water, it turned into a “sizzling” mess.

7 Likes

Ok, thanks guys. I’ll try that!!

4 Likes

Hi @Kel4x4 from Perth.

Stay safe over there and I just wanted to add there’s a site called ecigvape.com that calculates the variables for you with mixing and matching juice. I’ve found it extremely useful over the years.
Also just keep in mind that adding additional PG will weaken the flavour a little. Probably not enough to be a problem I’d have thought though as you’re be adding little comparatively speaking.

6 Likes

Thanks for the tip @Gazza7 !

4 Likes

I will chime in and say I made a similar mistake when I first started vaping. I had no clue about ratios or any of that, and ordered a bunch of 70/30 liquids that were too thick for my tiny little eleaf istick 20w mod with a 1.2ohm coil. It was like sucking the soggy cotton from my RDA!

I (like you) went online to find help, and was told to water it down with a bit of pure water - yeah, don’t do that. Not only didn’t it improve anything taste wise, but it also guaranteed to spoil any coil I put it near. PG is the best answer, and due to the sheer amount of flavour commercial juices use? You probably won’t notice the dilution much, and at least you will end up with something vapeable!

Welcome to one of the best places for this kind of information though, you did well ending up here. Pretty much all my own knowledge came from the people on this site, in one way or another!

8 Likes

Jut going to chime in here. Before buying pg a cheaper route would be to add 2 drops distilled water to your tank and try that. Won’t affect flavor much but will probably thin the juice enough to tell a difference performance wise. If you don’t like the DW you can always use it for drinking or cooking. Don’t use tap or drinking water, just distilled. If you like throat hit vodka will give a good kick but I have no idea if it will help with the coils life.

5 Likes

Welcome and really glad you joined.

4 Likes

Thank you all for the kind welcoming and advice. What a fantastic resource this site is!

5 Likes

Increase PG to 50-60, take the glass bottle of ejuice to warm-hot bath for about ±15 minutes will do the “thinner trick”.

2 Likes