70/30 pre mixed

Hi.
ught some 70/30 premixed bare juice and there is no option on recipes for that option. Is it just best to put 70 in vga and 30 in pge and add them together to get correct weight ?
Thanks

5 Likes

With the nicotine already added in like a base, Gollum?

4 Likes

That’s what I would do, my man.

4 Likes

That makes sense…

4 Likes

If it is, @gollum2016, just set the nic to zero on the calculator.

6 Likes

Just put your recipe max vg, add your flavors and top up with your pre-mix

3 Likes

I use pre-mix 20/80, setting the calculator to max vg just does NOT work for me because I mix by weight, the SG for max vg is not the same. I check “use vape-ready nicotine base”

4 Likes

I mix my pre-mix base at - (10PG/90VG) So i can bang out recipes or tests faster

So the final mix will fall withing my desired %'s - Min 65VG Max 85VG

Only cause if I use less than 65%VG, mah Tanks may start leaking. :rofl:

Plus you can always add PG. So if your recipe calls for only 10% flavoring and 20PG/80VG is still to thick for you… just add 10%PG as a Flavor and you’ll get a 30PG/70VG final mix.

By starting with the base - (10PG/90VG)
You’ll end up with an Avg of:
15%PG/85%VG by adding 5% flavoring/PG
20%PG/80%VG by adding 10% flavoring/PG
25%PG/75%VG by adding 15% flavoring/PG
30%PG/70%VG by adding 20% flavoring/PG
35%PG/65%VG by adding 25% flavoring/PG

Of course if you add nicotine to the base, the (% of) or mg/mL will go up and down by a few mg/mL depending how much base was added.

Then just click the use pre-mix button and the calculator say how-much base to add.

3 Likes

I thought the ELR pre-mixed base button was broken?

3 Likes

Strange - It’s been working for me IDK.

Well at least it says how much base to add and the flavors %. I guess it’s broke in-that It won’t let you “save it” when it’s checked-off but you can still use it. You can Switch back and forth if you want to change the recipe to save it, then check off the button to mix it using your base. That’s how ive been doing it, so far

3 Likes

I wanna see a screenshot to see what I (and everyone else) is doing wrong…
We always get image

Or is this what you mean without saving it works

1 Like

This is correct, without saving it DOES work. The OP stated

If you use MAX VG the SG (weight) is incorrect and that is bad advice for those that mix by weight like myself.
What I do is enter my info using “use vape-ready nicotine base” then I take a screen shot for mixing, then set the values back to default before saving.

3 Likes

Here’s a screenshot

1 Like

What is “SG”?

I use max VG button. Worst that will happen is my total% will be slightly off but the ratio of flavors will still hold and the recipe flavor can be reproduced. That’s the important part for the taste. I never take someone’s recipe verbatim anyway. They always require a pg/VG ratio I don’t want or a nic strength that is not my desire anyway. And to be honest I usually adjust the total % up or down a tad anyway. I would suspect most of us do the same?

2 Likes

Specific Gravity (generally the weight of 1 ml of the substance at 4c and one atm of pressure)

For example 1 gram of water when the temperature is 4c and there is 1 atmosphere of pressure is 1 gram. Concentrates vary a little and many are in the ELR database.
The SG is generally also found in the sds

4 Likes

Yea I saw the grams are off a little. I just top off the 30 or 60mL bottles with pre-mix- no measuring.

But…
If your original recipe is 20/80vg. Also set your nicotine base to 20/80vg… then for 60mL bottle… the weight is off by only 1 gram. So it’s pretty close. But yea mixing by volume is correct.

Yea I did everything figuring out nic percentages and how the % of flavoring would change the nic mg/mL since more or less base was used, and what I wanted when using a base. (I just missed the weight part being off a little. my bad) …But in the end I guess I or anyone can just use the number in green when mixing by weight and using a base. :+1:

4 Likes

I never even looked at those tables underneath an unsaved recipe before you mentioned it… it’s great to see at least that works but it’s a pity that the save functionality doesn’t work.
@daath is that an easy thing to fix if it’s already halfway working? Seems to me like you just have to drop a couple checks if pre-mix is checked. Lots of people use premix, either bought or made by themselves and the workarounds are either not easy or not accurate.

3 Likes

If you mixing with 30/70 premix and use max VG on calculator, total base will be off. So if you try a 10ml sample of a recipe you will be slightly off, then you like it and mix up 120ml using the same mistake and you multiple your mistake 12 times, Not the same ratio.

Correct, topping off the base by volume would be a way to do it, I find mixing by weight more accurate IMO

Totally Agree!

1 Like

What’s especially important, is the ratio of flavors in a recipe. Put a little less base and it’ll be stronger, a little more and it’ll be weaker. You’re not going to multiply your mistake by a tenfold or more.
When you make a 10ml tester, people usually do that in appropriate bottles, so you measure your flavor and you top up with base. You can even do that without measuring without messing up your recipe. So the workarounds with max-vg work more or less. If you’re going to mix with bigger bottles with small amounts of liquid and you’re weighing off your base, then you’re going to make a mistake indeed but nothing that will totally mess up a recipe.
When I’m mixing for friends, I often top a bottle up on sight and I’ve yet to hear anyone say it tastes any different. Flavor % is what counts most and if you’re off by a little with your base liquids, it will all be fine, no harm done.

2 Likes

bitmoji-20191230062226

2 Likes