80/20 VG/PG 3mg base question

I’ve got a mate who has offered to give me some pre mixed base that is 80/20 VG/PG and has 3mg NIC in it. Now am I correct in thinking once I add flavours it’s no longer going to be 80/20 or 3mg NIC?

2 Likes

Yup you are right if you add flavor that will dilute you nic level and increase the pg in the mix (unless you use vg based flavor but either way your nic will be less)

1 Like

Thanks dude. Guess I need to buy myself the ingredients separately then as that’s what I want the final mix to come out as. :facepunch:

1 Like

Even if you add 20% flavour to a 3mg base though it will only reduce it to 2.4mg (10% flavour 2.7mg). Would you notice a such a small reduction in your nicotine, if you only normally vape 3mg?

The PG may be the most noticeable thing? but even 10% PG flavour would mean it would only be 72/28 in the final mix approx

4 Likes

I wouldn’t throw out the base, personally, though I would still buy all the separate compnents too. I use a similar base (3 mg, VG-based nic was used) that I substitute for VG when I’m testing new recipes. I don’t personally notice the difference in nicotine content when I use it, and it’s great for quickly experimenting with flavours. That said, if I’m making e-juice (as opposed to playing mad scientist, lol) I blend everything from scratch.

2 Likes

Probably not to be honest. I’ll most likely use it up first to test flavour blends to see what goes with what before spending on a bottle of nic and separate VG & PG then.

1 Like