A Beginner's Guide To Making The Most Highly-Rated Recipes

Holy moly, what a great write up! Thanks for doing this as I’m sure it will help a lot of new (and some not so new) mixers. Your time and effort are, and will be, greatly appreciated!

6 Likes

I love Joy (FA) but I know several like yourself that don’t.It helps me by bringing the slight spice notes out as well as help make a powdered sugar effect when needed.
I have read several users notes that it only gives them a weird sweet taste.

3 Likes

excellent! this is a great compilation of information for new mixers :smile:

4 Likes

this is great. thank u so much!! ur an absolute legend, will be so helpful to me and many others!! :grinning::innocent:

4 Likes

@daath @Scottes777 This looks like it would be suitable as an article on the new homepage when it comes about eh? :wink:

“ELR Regular Mixers Guides” and what not

8 Likes

Well I’m glad to see that so many people think this is useful! Thanks for the kind words of appreciation.

As a note, I stumbled up a post from daath describing a hidden feature that is particularly useful for this thread. So I added a section that lists some links that will show the top-rated recipes which contain 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 flavors.

12 Likes

Whoa, totally awesome @Scottes777 ! Thanks for this!! I have wanted to do this for a while to see what flavors I could add to my stash in order to find a bunch more recipes to make, but never got around to it. This is extremely helpful and I wish I would have had something similar to look at when I first started buying flavors!

5 Likes

Great and with the new additions getting better! This should be stickied… no wait… NAILED UP in a prominent place for all to see.

9 Likes

Very helpful already got a few but will be taking a real close look when I’m placing my next order.

Thank you very much

4 Likes

Amazing job @Scottes777. I know how long and time consuming that had to be. And very much needed, helps answer he always asked what should I order to start. This will be an amazing tool for new mixers. Thanks again so much!

Now when people ask, we can link them to your guide :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well done guide. Appreciate your time and work on this as a resource for new mixers.

5 Likes

You deserve a research award for that. I’m impressed.

5 Likes

LOL thanks.

But wait until you see my next research post… I’m analyzing the heck out of the top 100 recipes. Hopefully I’ll be done this week - but every time I analyze enough to get some info it just leads to another question…

14 Likes

This is by far, the most useful thing I have ever seen on the internet! Thanks for all your hard work.

6 Likes

Scottes777 this is gold for noobs!!!
I started mixing a few months back and after wasting a few bucks here and there, I too went on an analytical mode of what ELR had to offer.
But this, this is just mighty useful !
Thanks for sharing it with the world.

5 Likes

The thing I like the most about this post is when a new person asks a question I can say: “Read this whole post and call us in two weeks”. (lol)

7 Likes

I can easily say that I know you would never do such a thing!

2 Likes

My doctor does and there are days when I really would like to do it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You are my hero.

4 Likes