A few questions for a beginner

Hi just a few questions for a beginner looking to get going in the coming weeks with some recipes. Thanks in advance for any answers/advice.

Firstly how do I know what percentage of concentrate flavouring to use in a mix?

Where and what make of VG/PG is best to buy in the UK?

And finally the same for nicotine?

9 Likes

There is no general rule. One way is to try the flavour on its own at different levels and see what works for you. Another is to look on the recipe side of the site. If you find the flavour page ( from the flavour list or from your stash), there are usage statistics. I’d take them with a pinch of salt but they are good guidelines to work with. The third way of going about it is to start making other people recipe and finding out if they sit right for you. The last one is my lazy favourite, the first one the better one et the middle one a good fallback.

I am happy with PG/VG/nic salts from www vapable.com, bottles from www.ibottles.co.uk
I suggest you get yourself some cheap 50gx0.001g scales. If you make bigger batches when you know what to do, a 200gx0.01 or larger won’t be a bad idea.

7 Likes

Thanks for the response. Hard work and determination seems to be the key with DIY vape :joy:! Not one to shh away from it so will do a fair few testers before committing to a full blown recipe :+1:

6 Likes

Just had a wee look at vapable.com! Good products good prices thanks for that

4 Likes

Keep it low in flavours, find something that works for you to keep you motivated, experiment without nic, you’ll be fine
No need to be perfect, good enough is good enough ( Sorry, if that sounds like a former PM)

4 Likes

Think the way I will do this is testers with maybe 5ml no nic! Trouble I have with the ingredients is money wise having just had a baby and having a bit of a moany wife (sure some will understand lol)!So do t want to buy loads I will never use! Probs did sound like a former prime minister but I don’t take much notice of them so all good :joy:

5 Likes

What do you usually vape? The community may be able to throw a couple of safe recipes for you to start with.
Don’t underestimate oneshots, premade full recipe concentrates. They can be a good solution to DIY, especially early on.
If you are not adverse to peppermint variations, it is one of the cheapest profile to be sorted with. A tenner of flavours is pretty much a year supply. Good when you have a cold as well :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t have a preference I pretty easy with categories and flavours nothing I am afraid to try (apart from tobacco). Currently liking dessert based flavours the now. Blueberry muffin, eton mess. Would maybe like to try a few others. I have dabbled in one shot in the past but couldn’t make anything stick which is why I came here to maybe improve my DIY experience

4 Likes

Wrong person for the dessert vapes, I have a banana bread and a tiramisu recipe that are ok, but nothing to brag loudly about. The first one is a bit complicated, probably not a good recomend, specially was it is not quite there. The tiramisu is extremely simple, and cheap, and I like it

5 Likes

May keep this in mind thank you very much!!

4 Likes

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/guide this has a lot of great information :wink:

7 Likes

I wrote up a page on how to do your solos… if you’d like to read it… :grinning:

6 Likes

Good reading made a few good points. Thanks for the tips

6 Likes

Welcome to ELR, hope you learn lots, @JvapeD89 :coffee: :wink:

5 Likes

Learned a lot just today :+1::joy:

5 Likes

I will leave that for our friends across the pond :wink:

5 Likes

i get my nicotine from nic hub they also sell pg and vg

5 Likes

4 Likes

You can also buy your vg and pg from chefsflavours.co.uk when you buy your flavours.
Rainbowvape.co.uk is cheap for flavours
Vapewizard.co.uk
Flavourart.co.uk
This is the only places i shop at I’m also from the UK i live in Devon

4 Likes

I think they are based in Scotland so you should get your items next day I reckon but not sure if they sell nicotine

4 Likes