A few suggestions for TFA flavor large bottle suggestions pleasr

I’ve often thought of doing pretty much the same thing. It’d work, I guess, but you wouldn’t really get a feeling for how things are going to be once they steep. But, you’d know the relative strength I guess. Maybe one of these days I’ll sit around with all my bottles and a pack of cotton and do that. :stuck_out_tongue: Tasting the flavoring in a whole shot glass of water didn’t work for me, but I think doing it in 1-2 ml would probably be good. I usually taste a teensy bit on my finger to get an idea. TPA suggests using cool whip and I like the sound of that! Any excuse too eat cool whip, I love that stuff. LOL. I don’t really do much other than just using them at suggested %s in recipes and taking notes. Not the most effective, I’m sure, but it works I guess. :wink:

2 Likes

Cool whip, we’ll see that’s a idea there :wink: .
I’ve GOTTA figure me out a make do recipe that’s not fruity, I have strawberry myself to death.
This custard I mixed up is good,the background taste of pepper messes it up.
I wish I could quik steep it just to know it will fade away ,the pepper taste that is.
I read online several others mention the same ‘peppery’ taste,most say steeping it will make it go away, any ideas??
I’m going to try the cotton test to see what flavor has the pepper taste .
I hate it to because I got alott of custard recipes I wanted to make

You could try heat. Stick some dry rice in a bowl in the microwave for two or three minutes, stir it up and make sure it’s not too hot, and stick the bottle down in that. I don’t usually recommend heat, I know a lot of people do it, but I’m just too lazy for all that. LoL.

1 Like

I typically heat steep my mixes for about 20 or 30 minutes while using a milk frother to blend the mix every 10 minutes. The rice in a bowl method works great, but I’d say 60 seconds in the microwave is plenty of time for the rice to get good and hot. Works like a champ.

1 Like

Yeah, I shoulda mentioned I have a really awful microwave. Didn’t think about that. :stuck_out_tongue: One minute for a NORMAL microwave means three minutes in mine. LoL

As a sorta unrelated side note, dry rice in a tube sock with a knot tied in the top nuked in the microwave makes an amazing heat pad. :grinning:

2 Likes

Don’t feel bad JoJo, my microwave will probably take 6 min…:wink:

2 Likes

Didn’t think about the different wattages on micros!!! Mines a 1200! Doesn’t take long to sear the crap out of things! ; )