A full fall flavor

Let me know how you like, or dislike, this little creation.

4 Likes

Looks good…but I don’t get the use of Citric Acid in there.

Can you explain why you added it?

3 Likes

Too help with the pumpkin and storage mainly. That’s why it’s such a tiny amount. Without it the cinnamon will override the entire mixture.
If anyone doesn’t want, or have, the citric acid it can be dropped. If you drop the citric acid make sure you drop the cinnamon spice to 0.5%, otherwise it will turn into a very cinnamon heavy vape with a very small background of pumpkin. In my test batches the toasted marshmallow still came through. Of course, taste is perceptual. Some will pick up a flavor that others don’t.
Thanks for asking about that. I forgot to include it in the notes. :smile:

5 Likes

correct me if im wrong , is citric acid ( sour ) i mean the same as the tpa sour

4 Likes

Not trying to step on toes here, but yes it is brother. I use it the same, 0.50% will do wonders in a lot of situations. Really makes berries/fruits pop in custard/cream heavy recipes as well. @Flavologist your recipe looks delicious man, definitely a fall flavor and have some mixing to do later so I’m gonna bang that out. Gonna sub CDS (cap) @ 1% tho since I don’t have cinnamon spice (and drop the CA to 0.35%):+1:t2:

5 Likes

Thanks @kreed, I added that to the comments for the recipe. :smile:

3 Likes

At small percentages it helps some flavors shine instead of becoming muted.

2 Likes

No worries :slight_smile:
I understand it being used with fruits… it just confused me seeing it in a recipe without any fruit.

4 Likes

I get creative like that. :laughing:
It can be used with a lot of flavors, just have to figure out which it helps and which it will mute. One day we should make a list for everyone. I know I would use it.

1 Like

If you’re worried about muting, you might want to cut the EM out as that will do that.

3 Likes

Thank you. I use EM out of habit. I started using it for sweeter vapes and just kinda got stuck on it.

1 Like

A lot of people do…but EM isn’t a sweetener :slight_smile:

Try a lick test of it…it’s actually a bitter taste.

What it does do though is give off a smell like spun sugar… cotton candy…so your brain is tricked into thinking it’s sweet.

3 Likes

If you have any of the softer cinnamon flavors, like cinnamon Danish swirl, it will work nicely as a substitute. Harsher cinnamon flavors don’t work too well, even at low percentages, at least in my experience.
Hope you like it. My wife loves the smell. I’ve even been allowed to vape in the rest of the house, as long as it’s this recipe.
For her that is super unusual. :laughing:

6 Likes

Appreciate the insight! I’m always open to suggestions and learning new things. It’s how we grow in every aspect of our lives. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tried it. Yup, bitter. :thinking:
Gonna have to start learning a bit more about it.

2 Likes

Yeah my thoughts exactly, I’m going with cinnamon danish swirl-cap (CDS) for that very reason. I tend to prefer my cinnamon softer TBH anyway so it actually works out! I’m excited to vape this in a week or 2👍🏻

2 Likes

@Flavologist funny about the wife, mine is the same way! She’s extremely picky on wut smells fill the house hahaha (every outlet in all the rooms have a diffuser with scents that mingle well with each other) little scent doctor!:joy:

3 Likes

@ADKmac no citric acid is not the same as sour tpa. Sour tpa is Malic acid

4 Likes

ahhhh so they are both used to do the same thing ??? i use sour to enhance fruits etc

Yes they are both enhancers

I like to use complimentary acids to help fruit along if required (you love of guava may well be increased with both malic and citric). That said there are many other uses for sour it can give dairy a bit of a yogurt feel for example.

Here are a few charts that may or may not help (i am sure there are many more)

http://www.bartek.ca/pdfs/BulletinsMalic/Improving%20the%20Flavor%20of%20Fruit%20Products%20with%20Acidulants.pdf

6 Likes