A good Raisin

I love Lorran Butter Rum (sorry) and I’d love a good Raisin to go with it. Unfortunately, I have no idea on who, if any anyone, makes one. Can any of you wonderful people help? Many thanks.

4 Likes

Flv Rum & Raisin is a good raisin, dipped in rum. You only need a very small percentage of it too (0,12 - 0,2%)

7 Likes

Brilliant. That’s exactly what I’m looking for. Sounds perfect. Thanks.

4 Likes

I’ll second Flavorahs Rum & Raisin as I believe it’s excellent. I tried it at 2.5% standalone and in a few recipes at about 1% and it delivers in spades.
I’ve also got TFAs raisin which initially tasted a little off when mixed at 10% but after an eleven week steep I found it had improved considerably.

Most don’t seem to like TFAs and after a only a sixteen day steep I’d agree but left for longer I certainly enjoyed it.

4 Likes

I have 30ml of ‘Chefs’ Spotted Dick (I do occasionally buy commercial juice to help the community, and for fun) but I was a bit short, and it was severely lacking in flavour. I’ve added some Lauren Butter Rum, and some FLV Raisin Rum (I was sure that these are in their recipe) and it’s turned out great. And yeah, I’m pretty sure that these two flavours are in their Spotted Dick. (I’m getting good at this, lol). Thanks Gazza 7.

4 Likes