A great review on the Bo'Sun RDA

LINK
Reddit discussion
RDA LINK

I have been waiting for a review on this for a few weeks, looks like a fantastic RDA and nicely priced for an authentic device. I think im going to have to grab one of these…

3 Likes

Thanks for the links , I decided to pick one up and give it a try.They still have 229 left …if anyone else is interested.

1 Like

Do a review for us when it arrives? My wife RDA blocked me as i have three new devices on the way from China…

1 Like

I will but I must warn everyone that I am not an RDA guy by any stretch of the imagination.I have slowly started to pick up a handful in the past few months after a long hiatus.

1 Like

I got mine in on Monday and so far I am pleased.I was looking up some details and came across this review.I do agree with the con of the drip tip/cap issue they mention.That so far is the only con I have found.I do love the 8mm deep juice well.I bought this mainly because I wanted something better for my Wismec Noisy Cricket.The cricket even with a .500 clapton build goes through some serious juice.I like this RDA better than than the Indestructible.I have been running a Swav and it does pretty well but the Velocity style deck is where it is at.
Check out this review and I will try and post my thoughts and some pics later as I try it out.
I am loving the Cricket!

A nice review with great pics.I do feel the need to clear something up though.The drip tip assembly does rest on the build deck when it is assembled.So even though it is a slight con it isn’t going to fall in when you are vaping on it.

1 Like

Here are a few pics ,sorry about the quality.

2 Likes

If you notice the Aromamiser on the left pic on top of the Vapershark.You will see that I milled the top of it flat to do away with the nipple.I had thought about doing the same to the Bo’sun but I have been running it with the short derlin tip that comes with the Aromamiser and it works well and it looks good as well.I will post more pics later showing the mod.

1 Like

Nice, many thanks for the pics and review @BoyHowdy!

I do like the Bo’sun ,it is unique in both form and function.The high gloss is a finger print magnet though.
Of course the biggest pro is the ability to run about any coil you like.The holes could probably fit the 10 guage wire of your choice.
The airflow has plenty of adjustment to please about anyone.The top airflow adjustment on the cap is a little annoying to get it dialed in but once you have it your done.It isn’t going to move on you by accident.
I find the flavor to be very good ,not in the same class IMO as the Derringer but close and without the added heat of the shorter rda’s.
So far my biggest con is the short nipple/drip tip.Like the Aromamizer tank I wish it was either 5mm taller or simply flush.
I have now made the Aromamizer the way I like it but I haven’t made up my mind about the Bo’sun.After I fitted one of the derlin tips from a black Aromamizer on the Bo .I am going to rock this look for a while as the flavor is still good and now no heat.I must admit I like the look so far!
I also like the new look of the Aromamizers after the nipple shaving!

1 Like

After using the Bo’Sun for a few days here are my thoughts about it.
Pro’s
The machine work and polishing is top notch.
The 8mm deep juice well is nice when using on higher wattages.
Enough airflow to satisfy anyone.
Velocity style deck so centering coils comes natural.
The screw posts works well with all wire sizes,no compromise here at all.Fused claptons to 26 gauge Anarchist with zero cut wires!
Ability to run vertical coils ,lots of height on this one.
Easy airflow adjustment with no threading just put it where you want and go and it stays where you put it.You will not move your air flow alignment by accident.This is a big plus to me!
Authentic limited produced rta for less than 50 bucks!
Cons
The top cap with the 510 stub.I wish it was milled flat like the majority.The nipple is narrow like the Aromamizer rta so most drip tips are wider thus looking out of place.
Polished finish ,it is a fingerprint magnet! This is a personal preferance but I like a satin/brushed finish better.
The ability to build with thick wire comes at a cost.The posts are over 4mm thick, so even a modest 3.5 diameter coil is close to the sides.This in turn heats it up pretty fast when running at high wattage.
Conclusion , I am very happy with my purchase and I have no problem recommending this to anyone.The flavor is well above average and you have the ability to use any wire size or style.
I hope they come out with a V2 and offer a top cap with a chuff and 510 adapter in black.

1 Like

Excellent follow up on this. I was thinking it would be a fingerprint magnet and it is a shame that they dont have an adapter for the 510 drip tip. Perhaps emailing this to them would help them make a better version in the future.

1 Like

I plan on making a few suggestions to them about the drip cap and offering another finish option.Overall I am very happy with the performance and it serves the purpose I purchased it for well.They have a great platform already and I do hope they continue with minor tweaks to make it even better.

1 Like

The Bo’Sun is back with the second run now in stock ! @Ken_O_Where ,you know you need this!
I have had mine for about three months now and I can honestly say it is my favorite and without a doubt well worth the money. They are now offering them in black , media blasted SS ,and the polished SS version.They also came up with three new tip/airflow cap optional items in case you don’t care for the short nipple tip.

2 Likes