A look at the 100W Stentorian AT-7 Box MOD - 3500mAh

Lets start with the specs first :roll_eyes:

Product Introduction

Apart from the emphasis on simplicity and egoism, the Stentorian AT-7 Box MOD focuses on much more. Inspired by the water-cooling circulation system, the AT-7 features an innovative brass tube radiation design, offering an excellent heat dissipation which extends the lifespan of your MOD. With a massive built-in 3500mAh battery, the AT-7 reaches a maximum output power of 100 watts.

It adopts an adaptive smart power function that captures the coil’s resistance and adjusts the power automatically. With a high quality American AT chipset, the AT-7 provides a consistently high performance for vapers. This device also has various safety features such as: short circuit protection, overtime protection, over heating protection, low voltage warning, over out-put voltage protection, over charging protection and low resistance protection. Black and white colors available.

Parameters
Chip: American AT chipset
Size: 90 x 74.5 x 30.5mm
Thread: 510 thread
Battery: Built-in 3500mAh battery
Max Wattage: 100W
Output Voltage: 4.2V
Resistance range: 0.1 - 3.0ohm
Charge: Micro USB charging

That’s the boring stuff out of the way, copied and pasted from the @Heaven_Gifts website. They were so nice to offer this mod in one of their amazing giveaways and I happened to be the lucky winner :grinning:

Now let me show you some pictures and start with the box. I know some people make a big deal out of that, me, not so much. It’s a box :gift:

It’s a good looking box containing the mod, the manual and a usb cable.
The manual is short because you can only turn this mod on or off, more about that after some more pics.

This mod is definitely geared to appeal to the geeky crowd. Unfortunately, as you might be able to see on the bottom pic the plexiglass is pretty beat up and scratched on both sides.

I’m not going to complain about it since it was a gift and you know what they say about gift horses

mouth

I certainly hope that when people pay for this mod they are getting it in mint condition because it is definitely marketed for the way it looks and pretty pricy so when it arrives on their doorstep like this they will not be amused.

Edit; as @Steampugs pointed out it has plastic film on it (well disguised) and the mod is not scratched at all :face_with_head_bandage:

For this money you can get a half decent DNA mod. That’s one thing I don’t understand about this mod, it’s catering to geeks by the way it looks but doesn’t take into account that geeks like to tweak.

tweak

It’s awesome that the chip reads the coil and adjusts the power accordingly but… apart from the coils there are other factors like what kind of juice do you have in your tank.
Not all juices react to temperature the same way and you might want to adjust the power for different juices.

Then there are people who like a hot vape and the ones that rather like a cooler vape.
You cannot do anything with this mod but turn it on and fire it, which is a great feature for people who just want to vape and not be bothered with all the different aspects of vaping.

I can well imagine that new vapers are getting pretty confused with all this gear that is around nowadays and all the different specs. They are used to walking into a shop, buy a pack of cigarettes and light up but there are cheaper, simple starting kits around to cater to them.

I don’t think new vapers want to fork over the money for this mod and the geeks would like more than just a geeky look to justify the price. If you want a geeky look you can get the EXO SKELETON for a lot less and tweak to your hearts content.

Conclusion

I’m confused.
Don’t get me wrong, it delivers a nice vape and looks geeky but IMO it doesn’t include anything else to satisfy the people this mod is designed for :nerd_face:

I would like to thank @Heaven_Gifts for the opportunity to try out this mod and leave you with a link so you can look it up for yourself if you’re interested in buying it.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Stentorian-AT-7-Box-MOD.html

10 Likes

Nice one Jose :+1:
I’m kinda glad i’m off the regulated market only doing mech mods.

2 Likes

I’m too much of a cowardly :chicken: to get into mechs but I understand what you mean.

2 Likes

Great review @Josephine_van_Rijn! :smiley: I’m also confused by the lack of tweak ability for the price of the mod. Bizarre!

2 Likes

It might be the American chipset that is very costly

2 Likes

This 100%

We’re getting to the point where all that is left is gimmicks and flashy lights. I wish that China would slow down and actually put some R&D into what they are releasing.

2 Likes

Excellent review!..you beat me by literally hours im half way through this review.
Anyway, nicely done :wink::ok_hand:🖒

1 Like

Pssst…its a plastic film cover…comes off :wink:🖒

3 Likes

Damn bro, you’re right :face_with_head_bandage: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
They disguised that pretty well, usually there’s a little lip you can pull on.
So I take that back, the mod is not scratched at all. I stand by the rest though.

I’m looking forward to that one and I am curious what you think of it.

I read an article a while back about why vaping doesn’t stick and I think it is because it is way too complicated.
The people hanging out on the forums are a special kind of vaper, DIY enthusiasts like us who like this kind of thing.
I think a large segment of people who want to try to stop smoking just want a simple device.

I’ve seen it on this forum plenty of times, people who want to start vaping, are stuck at 2 devices they like and ask for some advice on said items to help them choose between the 2 and before you know there are more than 50 replies with as many different mods that are recommended.

Now I know that people genuinely want to help out but that’s not helping out, it is just confusing and I’m not surprised when people throw in the towel and think, hell I just go out and get a pack of cigarettes instead.

6 Likes