A mesh question

I use Vandy Vape mesh, the 200 316L SS and the 100 Ni80. The former shows on the spool 1.2 omhs yet it consistently is 1.8 - 1.9 on my RDAs and RTAs. The latter shows 1.8 ohms while it comes in at .08 - .09 for me. What’s going on here? I’ve been using this stuff for a couple of years and never gave it much thought but now my curiosity is piqued.

7 Likes

@natbone Hey its ohmed by the foot on roll
Single coil? I’m going to be starting mesh soon

5 Likes

i have a trimmed strip in my Profile Unity, SS 200. it is at .16 ohm

i have to trim it narrow to fit. maybe 20% off.

5 Likes

So they calculate the rating based on its width and length? But they must know that it’s probably always cut down to size. I’ll try to find the numbers they utilize. Now I’m very curious.

3 Likes

i’m sure its based on "mass’. yes, they know its cut to size, but they don’t give the end use rating because they don’t know what the end use size will be.

3 Likes

That makes sense. So if I were to increase the length the ohms should rise?

4 Likes

i would think so. but how much longer can you go ? i am thinking that for what we use it for the mass differences will be inconsequential .

3 Likes

what atty’s aree you ussing ? i have 2x Profile rda and rta. 3 of them are in service right now. the first gens, i would like to have the newer ones, but i was not buying vapes when they came out, so i never got them.

4 Likes

I use the same ones. You’re right about the ohm change so why muck with it.

3 Likes

do you narrow the mesh, or notch the ends ? i used to notch, kind of a pita, so i just narrow now.

4 Likes

Narrowing width ups the resistance too. I’m going duel on lit when it comes from sourcemore had a Falcon tank loved it

4 Likes

For the Profile RDAs I don’t, but I do for the Unitys.

2 Likes