A new feature for 'Create A Recipe'

I’m an avid Facebook user and I have encountered something that we can improve in the, ‘Create a recipe’ link that facebook does oh-so-well. When you are typing a response or a facebook status up date, if you don’t click ‘post’ and happen to refresh or press the back/forward buttons it’s prompts you to, “Leave the page, or stay on the page.”

This would save some people, much like myself, a bit of a headache. Especially when you accidentally hit backspace or refresh when you are typing in your flavours. I’m sure this would be easy to implement and just something little that would improve the site.

I hope this all made a bit of sense as I have a wicked cold and I’m all hopped up on drugs

8 Likes

Feel free to praise me and if you want I can consult for you for a modest fee, thank you and have a good night.

I am only here to make things better.

6 Likes

Hmmm. Since the site is free. What’s a 5% consulting fee of free? Lol. Slight better than free? Which is what we need. Good suggestions.

6 Likes

That’s not quite the praising that I am after, I will promplty ask Daath to remove you from the website. Thanks, have a good day

3 Likes

hahhahahahahhahha :smiley:

I like the “Do you want to navigate away”-thing!

You can have 5% of the air immediately outside my window - I live near an airport, so the air quality isn’t very good, but you can always buy an air filter and clean it before you use it. If you like this, we can write up a short contract, and you can come and fetch it.

17 Likes

Sorry if i made you feel small or insignifcant. That’s my only guess for a comment regarding the wish to remove me from elr.

Maybe I missed the intent of your post regarding a consulting fee. Maybe I should have done a better job at pointing the countless number of skilled tech people who offer to help and clearly state they would do it for free.

Maybe I should have directed you to cornerstone of what elr was built upon during the tough move from Vu and ecf and the relationships damaged to create this site.

Just saying and not meant as a personal attack. That would be petty and make you feel 4’9 and 3/4.

4 Likes

3 Likes

I wouldn’t take his snarky comments too seriously.

3 Likes

It’s a good idea :slight_smile: Just make sure it’s based on form state (i.e if something has changed in a field). Too many sites have this and prompt even when the data matches the previous data.

3 Likes

I implemented this. It should now warn you if you’re leaving a changed form - Let me know if you have any problems (my fix was a quick one)!

7 Likes

It works. If you select edit a recipe and then click back you get the prompt (with no form changes). If you can make it only prompt if a form field has changed that would be cool.

4 Likes

Hmm, I thought I tested that. I didn’t test it enough!

I already found a more severe bug. - it gives you the warning even when you try to save :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Ok, should work now (your js might be cached)…

3 Likes

I don’t even get a prompt anymore! (Mac/Chrome)

1 Like

Seems to be working in Opera…

1 Like

Fine on Mac/Firefox

1 Like

Thanks for testing! :smiley:

It doesn’t work on Chrome/Mac?!

1 Like

It probably does. I just can’t clear out any caches atm. All i can do is hard refresh the page which does seem to pull the new .js down, however i get no prompts whatsoever.

I will test it on Chrome/Windows - and pull out my macbook if necessary :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I don’t see why it shouldn’t work in Chrome though…

1 Like

Seems to work in Chrome/Windows!

1 Like