A new record low for full flavor!

Funny - the screws on mine are fine, it’s the 2-4ml version with the crappy screws…

Same here if I open the juice control the full two turns. I’ve been experimenting and found 1 turn per 10W ie 3/4 turn for 7W, max VG. If I run 1 turn open at 7W by midday it gurgles…

For the Noobs here - and if it does gurgle, remove the drip tip, shake the tank out (like a thermometer), close the juice control completely, and keep it closed while you’re vaping until you detect a subtle change in the flavour, maybe the balance changes (you taste more of one flavour than previously), then open the juice control again. If you don’t open it at this point you’ll eventually get a dry hit. Go on, try it - enjoy ;p)

1 Like

The acrylic piece I made to replace the glass

11 Likes

Great job looks awesome.

1 Like

That’s bloody awesome! Wow

1 Like

Can anyone tell me if the Prime wide open is similar to the K5 at 1 pip? I am not a MTL nor a DL type. I need just a touch more air than a" true" MTL and enjoy my K5s at the lowest setting.The listed air hole sizes would indicate that it is but those numbers don’t always translate.

I’m 99.99% sure the Kayfun 5 is still more airy at the smallest AFC setting than the Kayfun Prime is at the largest AFC setting. I have both but can’t actually do a valid check right now because I’ve throttled my K5. However I do recall that I could not MTL at all on the Kayfun 5, but I can MTL on the Kayfun Prime even at the largest AFC setting…

However I prefer the smallest setting.This MTL quest/journey from Siren to UTA2 to Kayfun 5 to Kayfun Prime has made me realise that I like to vape the same way I used to smoke a pipe or cigar. It would take several puffs (and corresponding application of lighted match) to get it going, tasting the changing flavours from ‘first-light’ to ‘çherry-glowing’, at which point I would inhale the lovely rich smoke. Which is why I run at 6.7W - after several puffs and power pulses it is as hot and rich as an 11W single draw vape, but I get to taste all the intermediate flavours on the way :slight_smile:

And at 6.7W, 4ml of juice and 1 x 18650 lasts 2 days :slight_smile: Just to make sure I’m not deluded about the flavor - this setup is at least as flavoursome as my Bellus with twin Claptons at 60W, and my Serpent Mini with RipTripper’s setup at 24W. Nowhere near the clouds (or juice and battery consumption), but flavor and throat-hit are equal if not better.

You don’t need mega-watts for good flavor - the satisfaction is a bit like leaving the V8 at the lights in your well-tuned Datsun 1200 :wink:

(incidentally the UTA2 is easily as good as the Kayfun Prime, but the Prime has an easier build deck)

1 Like

Lest we forget where vaping came from, and that even sub-ohming has only been around in wide circulation for a few years.

When I started vaping, there were still living threads where people were marveling at someone’s ability to build a deck with a ‘powerful’ 30w vape. So yes, certainly you don’t require high power for big flavor. I’m happy at 28w at the moment, and am always somewhere between 24w and 46w depending on the setup. I’m not one to knock anyone’s comfort zone (as long as you’re safe and understand what you’re doing), but there’s no doubt that after sub-ohm and high wattage became all the rage- with vendors gladly making them more and more powerful- it seems that you see so much “Power!! Go for the Power!!” that the lower power setups are almost portrayed as insufficient to new vapers. Far from true.

I was lulled by the siren song of the high watts when I started vaping, too, but have come to realize that the cell life and juice savings are just worth more to me than low builds and massive cumulonimbus clouds. And I get a great vape, which is really the whole point anyway.

Wow, I sound like a grumpy old man.

10 Likes

Update - I’ve lost the 2ml clone (and Pico!!), and the 2/4ml clone was randomly open-circuit, now permanently. New job, new unit, can’t find my multi-meter to fix it, and not sure I can be bothered as I’m happily back to using my UTA2 and field-mod Siren 22. Point is - the 2/4ml KF Prime clone is playing up… (please excuse the cumbersome spelling out for searches)

https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/tobacco-extraction-using-heated-ethanol/28567/91?u=kinnikinnick

@CAAB … Moving this convo over to this old thread, since the subject matter leaned towards awesome vape flavor without having to build low ohm coils, coupled with vaping at high wattages. :wink:

You asked why SS316 and not Kanthal wire?

A long while back, I thought I wanted to try temp control :smirk: …thus, my purchase of SS316 wire. I found out I was not a fan of temp control; ‘nuff said. However, I did find out I liked SS316 as a vape wire; maybe a mental thing, but it between the SS wire and using rayon for wick, the flavor clarity of my liquids were outstandingly better than Kanthal and cotton. I decided to just stick with what I thought was better for me.

Why a 2.5mm ID coil?

With just about all of my 22mm RDAs and RTAs, a 2.5mm ID coil was as large as I could go before I risked a dead short against the housing of the atty. I’ve never moved too far away from a 22mm diameter atty; just prefer the size, due to most of my mods are around that size (single 18650, 18500 or 18350 batterys). I don’t need anything bigger for the way I vape.

5 Likes