A question about Cake Base

Hello ,

I am relatively new at mixing and i wanted to make a cake base . A recipe that produce a cake base that i can add any fruit flavoring to and become a complete cake . for example an orange cake - banana cake etc …

Did any one try this ?

regards,

5 Likes

Hi Ahmed, welcome to the community. I tried this and it worked, you can always modify it to your liking

5 Likes

Thanks Gus . It seems a logical recipe . Will try this .

4 Likes

Pound cake (Flavorah)

9 Likes

The best cake flavor IMO is still yellow cake from FW… I haven’t used it for nearly 2 years now after I found out it contains sugars. I cannot recommend vaping it but because it’s so good, you still see it used in a lot of recipes.

Pound cake (FLV) is reasonably good but more difficult to work with IMO and not as versatile. I’d use it together with some other flavors like cupcake or cake batter or something like that.

5 Likes

As far as adding fruit into a cake I still think Nonna’s cake is a wonderful base. Yes it has an added lemon to it, but that also makes it pop fruits. I’ve just ordered Jungle Flavors yellow cake as a substitute for flavor west since I’ve heard it works as a substitute.

8 Likes

This! I have single flavor tested both side by side, and they are very similar.

8 Likes

Yeah, that stuff was good, too bad about the sugar, stopped using it too so stuck with about 100ml that will probably get thrown out. I do like JF Yellow Cake but not exactly a direct replacement.

WF Angel Cake is pretty good but haven’t found a cake that works well on it’s own. I like to add 1 drop per 10ml of INW Lemon Cake to any cake mixes I make. It is still powerful at that low of a use and takes a day or 2 to settle down in the mix. It does add a nice pound cake like back note to any cake. NR or is it now river supply? Sugar Crunch is a decent addition to give a cake a little bit of a graininess when used at 0.50% or below. They describe the flavor as a Churro without the cinnamon and that is pretty spot on.

8 Likes

The Caps yellow cake, unfortunately didn’t work.

5 Likes

Yes nonna’s cake by FA is very good but if you go on flavourart.co.uk you can also get nonna’s red cake which is also good i like them both

4 Likes
5 Likes

authormichellehughes red cake recipe

3 Likes

@Ahmed_Sharaf sorry i forgot to say welcome

3 Likes

Thanks @Englishguy

2 Likes

Well i have an idea here . What if we took any popular recipe for a fruit cake or a shortcake , omitted the fruit part and used the rest as a cake base ?

For example this is very popular . If i executed the recipe without the strawberry and the strawberry ripe . wouldn’t this be a cake base ? Maybe also using Capella Yellow cake instead of FW as it contains sugars

3 Likes

The thing is we don’t have JF products in Egypt . we have access to FA , TPA , Cappela , INW some FW and very few wonder flavors .

4 Likes

The lemon part i didn’t like . Maybe Capella 's Yellow cake ?

3 Likes

I didn’t care for caps yellow cake and I just ordered the jungle flavors cake so not sure but Mag said he liked it :slight_smile: Sorry just saw you couldn’t get that one there.

4 Likes