A quick shoutout to the following dupe submitters!

These folks have gotten a really good grip on what to submit, and your submissions have been REALLY helpful!!!

This is NOT to say that I don’t appreciate the other submissions, but these deserve special mention IMO.

My most sincere Thank you!! to you all:
Usernames:

• @Sjugge (damned near perfect submissions)
  • @MixMyFix (do not include the dilutions/solutions, and you should be ‘golden’!! EG: 10%, 1/10, etc)
  • @RavanBKS

Special Mention to @LianazVapin for her submissions! You’ve got the right idea, but I do believe I need to catch up with you when you have time, so I can help you be even more effective! :wink: :hugs:

12 Likes

@Sprkslfly I am lost… :slight_smile:
Can you please elaborate?

2 Likes

Users have the ability to find and submit corrections (“dupes”) of flavors that have been incorrectly listed/entered in the database.

On the recipe side, in the “user” drop down menu, there’s an entry titled “Duplicate Checker”. If you click that, you can find, and submit errant entries. =)

5 Likes

Oh!!! lmao I thought you were talking about a dupe contest, Sparky lmao…
I am sooo not awake!! :slight_smile: Trying tho

4 Likes

Well… If there was one for ‘accidentally duped’, you’d have won today! :crazy_face: lol :wink:

7 Likes

lmao I dont think we all can handle it if there were more than just me, Sparky lol :stuck_out_tongue:
haha!!! :slight_smile:

Im dying laughing here… :smiley:

4 Likes

Outstanding @Sjugge, @MixMyFix, @RavanBKS, and @LianazVapin.

@Sprkslfly, Hehe, because I saw the title, and thought I fucked something up, hehe.

3 Likes

So you DO have the ability.

2 Likes

Need to add “PlagueLrd” to the list!

Some very good submissions here as well!

3 Likes

Bumpity bump for this feature :smiley:

Now a question, how do you report dupes when the real entry doesn’t show up?

For example, I’ve just looked for vanilla custard by flavorah. The real entry is listed when I type in vanilla custard flavorah, however if you type vanilla custard flv two dupes turn up neither of which are the real one. Shall i just check both as dupes without checking a real one?

4 Likes

Get creative.

Try the following:
Van cust fl v

The above works for a great many things.
But you have to be selective about which letters and parts of the word you use.

For instance, the above example would not catch errors such as “vainilla custard FLV”.
In which case you could do a new search, using:
“va nil cu st FLV” which would catch the vain misspelling, and still give narrow enough results to not wade through a myriad of other unrelated entries.

You will not be able to submit anything, if you do not select the real one.

4 Likes

Good shout, that worked. Cheers

4 Likes

I just awoke, so here’s a quick question that might be dumb…
When you find the correct entry, say, sugar cookie (cap), then sugar bookie cap and booger cookie cap, and you delete the latter two, what happens to them within the site? Are they still in the recipes of the errant submitter?
If someone puts in “custard stone VII”, does that get deleted.
I’m waking up more now, and just realized I’m probably going to get a rely something like “look at the original thread dummy”.
I’m going back to sleep.

4 Likes

@SthrnMixer, @daath

2 Likes

The duplicate flavor is replaced by the real one, in recipes and in stashes :slight_smile:

5 Likes

But, all the notes you added would be deleted

2 Likes

That is awesome.

3 Likes