A whosonline feature

whosonline would be a great feature so you could see at a glance who was around

13 Likes

I think this is a great idea. It would just be all around helpful.

2 Likes

It is a cool feature but sometimes you don’t want people to know you are online either? As long as you could turn it off?

7 Likes

Who you hiding from @Maureeenie! :laughing:

3 Likes

The government silly… (Ba ha ha ha)

5 Likes

I like the way you think!
I also agree if we do implement a online indicator please make sure we can disable it.

6 Likes

Following me around would be very boring :innocent:

2 Likes

Sure , that’s why you want to be incognito!

2 Likes

[quote=“Maureeenie, post:3, topic:76986”]
As long as you could turn it off?
[/quote] Yikes, I would feel stalked :cold_sweat: I want lurker mode included :wink:

6 Likes
3 Likes

yeah okay it was a creepy request that wasnt thought out very well…

3 Likes

No, not creepy at all. If you read the definition each of these internet behaviors has a purpose. Some people are just shy, other people want to know who is reading their stuff. My only point is each user should have a choice in how they are seen and understand the consequences of turning on and turning off such features.

5 Likes

I think it’s a great idea, it’s nice to see familiar people online that you have spoken to before, you may have a specific question and you know the specific person who will have that specific answer sometimes. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s been discussed a lot on the forum software’s site… It doesn’t seem like they would find a presence indicator useful…

4 Likes

The term “lurk” can be traced back to when it was first used during the 14th century.[7] The word referred to someone that would hide in concealment, often for an evil purpose.

That’s me 100% :japanese_ogre:
I also go by about 100 different names on this forum, who’d you think won the last 4 giveaways from heavengifts? :ghost:

5 Likes

Ha! I love that.

1 Like