Absent from ELR and life in general as we know it

Some? You mean all of us. Welcome back. Missed you. Keep your head up.

9 Likes

What? how old are you?

4 Likes

Welcome back? hell i ain’t been gone, i am here every day since whatever year that was I joined… just lurking, in the backthreads, and alleys in the shadows and abandoned threads.

9 Likes

@CosmicTruth Hey Bro, so sorry to hear you’re feeling vexed. Sometimes things just converge. Without knowing your details, I can say personally, that my most Creative moments were when I was hungriest. I mean I don’t wish you and yours actual “hunger”, but Necessity being the Mother of Invention and all …sometimes Mom’s a bitch. You have always sounded like a pretty smart guy, so if I could grant you a wish, it would be for one of those rare moments of personal clarity. There is a path forward and it sounds like you are getting some local help which I know is difficult. “Clarity” isn’t about who’s to blame, or even who’s responsible, it’s about creating/inventing new solutions. Morality? Not all mirrors are made of glass…

To free your creative truthful Self from the weight of “the buck stopping here”, try imaging what it might look like if you really could get one wish. The burden of being the Dad, and everyone looking to you, can be blocking, but that’s also the pressure that makes diamonds. This temporary situation could be made a postive. It might turn out to be your time of most powerful insight, but like the Food Stamps …you must be open to not only seeking, but receiving. All the Best to you and yours!

[interspecies hugs!]

13 Likes

Being a dad is certainly no burden, in fact my grandSON (one of 6 grandchildren) is a blast at 8 months :slight_smile:
and I think being a GGranddad is quite possible as my Granddaughter just turned 21 and is the most beautiful girl in Arkansas, probably the world. I may show you after some days
sorry if I ramble, this is insomnia day 6.
And you of course @Sprkslfly has already noticed how my original post is already lost and hidden, and I can remove the link to it at any time… Gosh would that end all my problems?

10 Likes

Holy crap. I am so sorry to hear about your troubles! If you need any help, just say the word. Otherwise we’ll just be here and waiting to see if we can offer some sort of support. Hang in there, brother!

12 Likes

Thanks Lars no “word” yet hopefully I keep getting local help. My cuz said he was going to pay the rent but i haven’t got the check yet, so it’s Sleepless in Arkansas. I hope I can get UI and all the backpay. If not Hell i can buy a new BOX! Go live in that!
I bet I will get my rent paid and all my UI backpay

9 Likes

Sorry to hear about your problems bro.
It might not be much of a consolation at this point but having been to hell and back on numerous occasions in my life I can tell you that the things I’ve experienced as the worst times of my life turned out to be the most beneficial in the end.
We all have lessons to learn and sometimes hardship is the only way that we can.

:hugs:

9 Likes

That area is for (mostly) Lars to post announcements about the site and stuff. Staff only. :wink:

I’m so sorry to hear that things have been so awful for you lately. I hope they improve quickly. Cheers for keeping your chin up. We’ll definitely keep you in our thoughts and send good energy your way.

10 Likes

@CosmicTruth
I am no stranger to the law…as a recovering addict/alcoholic (not a reference to you, just a reference to a shytty situation) i can say things do get better.
It takes time an understanding. This forum offers real support to real people. Its wonderful to see all the well wishes.
You and yours are in my thoughts.

9 Likes

Dude, I’m sorry about your situation! We are here to help!

9 Likes

Oh beaut :cry:

That’s something I don’t think we will ever understand - immorality will always perplex me.

I’m so very sorry to hear you are going through such a shitty time. I will definitely be keeping you all in my thoughts, and sending love and light your way.

Always here if you want to chat/vent at any time - just drop me a pm.

Big love :hugs:

10 Likes

100 years ago you woulda had one heck of a Farm! :smile: Hope things turn around soon…

9 Likes

I verified that my appeal has been received and the court is moving toward a hearing, I also received the first actual written lie as to why I was terminated.
Yesterday I almost broke even and feel good about myself, I panhandled some and I can tell you this does not work, I made 8 dollars in 5 hours. I think I need a better sign and a better location to make this a viable way to feed my family. I noticed someone did find and donated to my paypal, so I got some bonus bucks once i figure out how to spend it. The food stamp office finally turned loose and when they did went back to the start of my state of destitution, So our pantry is overflowing, and we have PLENTY of money for food.
Being balanced on the edge of a state of homelessness is a biotch (or is it bish?), I hope you keep this thread open for me so If i need to get something off my chest I have a place to go, in case I don’t have a home.
Today I have $10 and over a quarter tank of gas!
Oh and for the first time in a couple weeks I slept 5 hours.

16 Likes

I am so sorry for your unfortunate situation, and I am happy to hear that things are starting to look up a bit! Hopefully everything continues to go in a positive direction! I don’t think there is anywhere else you can find a community as kind, generous and supportive as here on ELR! Moral support is something that is always abundant from this amazing group of people!! I read through the replies and it’s clear that there are a lot of us that who would be happy to also help out in some way, if you change your mind. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. If possible, please keep us posted on how things are going!

7 Likes

Things I have and am grateful to GOD for:
I have a Roof, Food, Bills that are currently all paid, my Wife, a Child and my GC, and even my absent family, and most of all MY FRIENDS, both virtual and real.

14 Likes

may god bless you , your faith alone will get you through ., keep us posted

6 Likes

@CosmicTruth Keep a positive mind and everything will be ok :+1:

9 Likes

No one knows until this post what has happened to me, any names are fictitious:
I reserve the right to delete this post and have any quotes of it removed from this site, if needed, for any reason…

A new guy comes to work, he starts and I am told to train him. After a month, this new guy conspires with employer and I am told by “we don’t need you tomorrow” (Friday). Yay day off on Friday so I tell him to call me next week. He says that he will if he has work. No call on Monday so I apply UI, I already had a card from my current claim, I used for some short weeks. So end of week I get 300 put on it and I’m told the next week is a waiting week. Ok, ok, np btdtb. Then I start getting “a decision is pending” notices and a notice from UI saying my employer claims “insubordination”. Since 9/14/2017 I have had a total income of $300.00 [on 9/26] none of which from any employer. I have appealed and will meet in a tribunal, MYSELF unrepresented most probably, against my employer and his bank of witnesses, lawyers and whoever other liars. In the meantime that scoundrel has my job and I have none. After being a surveyor my entire life, and even furthermore being laid off the worst possible time to find such job. I bet purposely timed, .
…think about it "construction worker laid off beginning of fall.

I know, you know, I know it sucks.

4 Likes

Complete scumbags the pair of them. Shame on them. May karma give its very best shot at doing its worst. Thricefold, of course.

7 Likes