Added a bunch of warnings to Flavor West

Whats so bad about fructose in Vape?

Fructose is a sugar. Sugars melt at 320oF, caramelize at 340oF and at 410oF it begins to char and decompose. When sugar burns it can produce toxins, some of which are suspected carcinogens.

2 Likes

It’s probably way to early to know but, do we have an idea or a guess about harm reduction?

Cigarette smoke already contains the same sugar carcinogens, as a former pack and a half a day smoker, I am trying to figure out if I vape 15ml of a juice which is only 2.5% yellow cake, which itself is only 20-30% fructose, how does that compare to smoking cigarettes. Because that’s what is important to me, but I certainly like that I am TOLD these things and can make a decision. I just wish there was a faster way to figure all this out, lol.

1 Like

@Burritoclock - Personally I wouldn’t be too worried. Your 15ml bottle would contain 0.1125ml of sugars (0.75%). Still - it’s something people should know so they can make an informed decision :slight_smile:

4 Likes

lol @ FW. I’d hate to be the guy over there who was like “hey let’s put sugar in ours, it’ll taste waaaaay better”.

Hi gang, I just looked at my bottles of yellow cake and peppermint from FW (4oz) and noticed in the ingredient section that they state “no added sugars”. Strange. Anyway, just wanted to put that out there since it seems FW is being deceptive. :worried:

2 Likes

Maybe that’s some technicality… Like the ingredients already had sugar, but they didn’t add any.

1 Like

certainly possible. Tricky wording if that’s true. I attached a pic just for reference.

1 Like

Indeed. Companies will use semantics any time they can legally get away with it, so I wouldn’t put it past them.

2 Likes

Tic Tacs are labelled as zero sugar despite sugar being it’s primary ingredient because if a single serving contains less than 0.5 g of sugars it is allowable to express the amount of sugar in a serving as zero. One serving is one Tic Tac and it’s mostly sugar.

2 Likes

Interesting, The same logic applies to trans fat too. They can claim 0 trans fat if it’s less than 0.5g.

I was taught you can never round down to 0…but what do i know.

4 Likes

Looks like I am tossing out these bottles anyway since I just noticed they are passed the year mark :joy: hahaha

1 Like

Such a waste having to throw out all the ones I made using some of these

1 Like

I would not throw them away. Just use them until they are gone, then never buy them again if you wish. Seems like a waste.

I haven’t got any but will buy Yellow cake until @NotCharlesManson comes up with alternative for it in the SB Shortcake Bar.

1 Like

I meant the FW bottles say best if used in one year from manufacture date. (pic above) And it’s been a little over a year. Or does that matter? thanks!

1 Like

Usually he will weigh in when it comes to FW. I’d also like to hear his comments. I’m not a big fan of FW, but there’s few I really like. Most of what I like are on this list.

2 Likes

Link to reddit topic?

1 Like

It’s mentioned in the top post

1 Like

First and foremost, Flavor West along with all the other flavoring companies we use are meant to be used in foods not inhalation. None of the companies are obliged to provide more information than what the law says. The only company that’s going out of their way to provide us with the information we seek and clean flavorings is FlavourArt.

2 Likes

Flavorah line is made for vaping…

ALL VAPING FLAVORS
Flavorah is super concentrated flavoring made for DIY and craft ejuice.

Unlike other concentrated flavors that were formulated for candy, beverages and baking, Flavorah’s high potency and unique flavor profiles makes it the real choice for vapor. By making the same undiluted flavors available that are used by many commercial ejuice manufactures, we put the power into your hands to blend and customize your vaping experience.

We design our kosher, food grade flavorings to steep faster, mix well together and vape strong. Ultimately, our goal is to empower vapers to do it themselves and make their own decisions about what tastes good and works for them. Satisfaction Guaranteed.

4 Likes