Adding nic to 0mg ejuice - confused!

I’m not exactly a “Beginner”, but I’ve searched the forum for this answer and I remain confused.
For the first time, I’ve had to buy my ejuice without nicotine. The juices are each 60ml, no nicotine. I have 100mg liquid nicotine in a vg base. How much nicotine would I have to add to the 60ml to bring them to 12mg without removing any of the liquid?
I’m seeing formulas already posted, but am not entirely clear if those amounts are to be added to it or if an identical amount of liquid should be removed first. And using the calculator will only give me the full amount of 60ml.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

5 Likes

60 X 12 = 720
720 / 100 = 7.2
7.2ml of Nic.
It’s not magic, It’s math
60 is volume
12mg is the desired end product
100mg is the base value you are adding

6 Likes

372 grams in weight will give you 12mg/ml.
360 mg by measure.
I vape at 6mg/ml and I am doubling to bring it up to 12mg/ml.
Don’t forget to shake the heck out of it to mix in the VG.

6 Likes

@Elissa01 you’ve already received some great answers here …

7 Likes

Would this be adding the 7.2ml to the existing 60ml, resulting in 67.2ml of ejuice? Or do I need to remove 7.2ml from the 60ml, and replace it with 7.2ml of nicotine?

I’m looking to add to it, without removing any of it, if possible.

7 Likes

Add the 7.2ml to the 60ml. :grinning:

8 Likes

Thank you!! See, that’s all I need, someone to talk to me like I’m a toddler!

I’m not sure why this has been so incredibly difficult for me to comprehend, but my brain has definitely been screaming, “No math today!!”

7 Likes

That’s where the ELR Calculator comes into play.

6 Likes

Just being helpful, no disrespect intended… :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

No, you misunderstand me! I did not take your answer as a sign of disrespect, I was merely thrilled that someone put it plainly enough that I could understand it. As I said, I’m not sure why this has been a difficult concept for me, but I’m very grateful that you made it clear for me. :grin:

9 Likes

Basically I’ll look at a recipe I’ve made 100 mls of and see what % of nic I added to that. 3 mg in 100 mg bottle is roughly 3.86%. It clearly won’t be spot on but close enough. So I put the bottle of zero nic juice on the scale, tare and add the nic. Close it up and shake it.

7 Likes

Speaking of juice with no nic in it. I was given a few bottles a while back and they were out dated then. From a going out of business vape shop. Iv added nic to one bottle. I don’t like the rest.
Dont even know just how long juice will last,
Anyway if anyone wants it. It’s yours just pay postage .
Exp, date on them from 2/2019. To 8/2019
Ive opened them and tried them and really tried to like them, just easier to make more

6 Likes

If I understand correctly, you want to add x quantity 100mg/ml nicotine to 60ml of liquid at 0mg/ml so that the liquid is at 12mg/ml without removing any of the liquid you have.
The answer to this statement is 8.18ml.
Here below the calculation and verification with the ELR calculator:
60ml * 0mg/ml + xml * 100mg/ml = (60+x)ml * 12mg/ml
0 + 100x = (60 + x) * 12
100x = 60*12 + 12x
100x = 720 + 12x
100x - 12x = 720
88x = 720
x = 720/88 = 8.18

4 Likes

Ok well I thought I was smart by ordering 2 100ml bottles of Custard Monster Vanilla and Butterscotch custards BOTH 0mg
Thinking I only Vape 2.5 mg and it wouldn’t matter…
So what should I do? Give me ANY other subject and eventually Ill figure it out. But numbers cause me to shutdown they scare me! So when I see calculations like this it’s like nope I’m only doing this once anyway. Anyone got a formula for me? There’s a cap here in Canada (20mg) and I have 1bottle of 65mg/ml nic juice so 65/35 is the VG PG ratio of my juice and I want 2.5mg nic can anyone help me here?
Also I paid almost double the currency AND I will be paying 15 duty fee before this gets to my door. I’ll get a call from customs Canada to pay it. And after all this I should’ve and could’ve just ordered it from Canada nd paid the same amt. When all said and done. I’m already mad at Myself…:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

You only need 4ml of your 65mg/ml nic. to get to 2.5mg/ml, here’s what I’d do.

Fill your tank with 1 full tankful of zero (just to create space). Open bottle, fill with 4ml of nic. Shake shake, shake … Shake shake, shake. Shake your booty/bottle. Presto/magico.

4 Likes

If you have:
100 ml juice 0 nicotine
Nicotine at 65mg/ml
(I’m not sure about your question, English is not my language…)
You must add 4ml of that nicotine to the juice to get 104ml at 2.5mg/ml of nicotine.
Does this answer your question?

5 Likes

answered @big_vape 1 second before hahaha

4 Likes

Yes Thank-you very much! This is much appreciated! Thanks to everyone!

4 Likes

Btw this conversation has REALLY helped me out considering I’m waiting on my 0mg juice as we speak.
Thanks again everyone.:heart::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I add in roughly what I do to a DIY mix. Between 3-4 mls. It’s usually around 3.86 mls in a 100 mg bottle. That’s for 3 mg nic content.

4 Likes