Adobe Flash

I read a notice this morning on my Chrome Browser that stated Adobe Flash is being phased out at the end of 2020. I am by no means a computer person but since we use flash to post links and export recipes and such here on ELR I was wondering how this change is going to affect the use of ELR?

Attached Link:

4 Likes

I would assume any application that makes use of Flash would need to be modified or re-coded in a way that keeps it functional without the need for Flash. Not sure what the ramifications would be but Adobe Flash can’t be the only player in town.

3 Likes

@atssec97 I’m not sure on Chrome’s plans, but I only use Firefox, and am sure Flash will be supported, until Adobe kills it.

2 Likes

I am sure you are right. I was just shocked by the numbers in the blog article because it seems I run into sites that use it pretty frequently.

1 Like

I tried Firefox for a couple days, never could figure out all the add ons and settings. I went back to what I already had learned. Maybe I need to revisit it!

1 Like

Adobe (July 25, 2017): Adobe is planning to end-of-life Flash. Specifically, we will stop updating and distributing the Flash Player at the end of 2020 and encourage content creators to migrate any existing Flash content to these new open formats.

A number of gaming, education, and video sites still use Flash, and Adobe says it remains committed to supporting the technology until 2020 alongside partners like Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla.

3 Likes

Firefox is the one I use. Again, what one gets use to. I like it because I can use it without a ton of issues. Personally, I’d go through a few of Mozilla’s “training videos” on how to utilize the features. You may end up liking it. Just my opinion as always.

3 Likes

I’ve been on FF since it was released. A lot has changed, but it’s the extensions (addons) that keep me hooked. Have all my needed addons, cache/cookies/history set to full purge on every exit to keep it clean. Let me know if you need any 411.

2 Likes

When trying to copy a recipe, e-liquid-recipes uses Adobe Flash (in the wrench icon) at least in Chrome and Firefox. Adobe says it is discontinuing support for Flash which makes it vulnerable to hacking. Not sure if there are other features on the site that use Flash but I know for sure that copying recipes does.

Will e-liquid be switching to something else? I use the copy feature to copy into the e-Juice Recipe Calculator when I’m trying different recipes. I mean copying manually is an option but it’s just easier to copy into the software.

2 Likes