Advice on a Tangy Orange Recipe needed

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me with a fresh tangy orange flavoured recipe for a friend.

I am asking because I don’t have some of the flavours that come to mind to let me experiment.

I have a FW blood Orange but feel it is lacking as a single flavour and was wondering if combining it with TFA Orange cream and CAP Sweet Tangerine is the way to go and if so what percentages do you suggest.

1 Like

Yes and yes. And orange FA and manderine fa and bergamot fa.

I’m in the process right now mixing those. It’s been a 10month process. My biggest suggestion is to look at recipes using those flavors.

There is sadly no one single orange. I feel it’s worse than strawberry. It seems to go from weak to harsh in a heart beat.

3 Likes

Thanks Chris, bergamot didn’t cross my mind. Doing a bit of research as well as I don’t even know what some these flavours taste like. The only Orange liquid I have tasted was a clone of fresh squeezed and o thought it was very artificial tasting like the flavour of disolvable vitamin c tablets.

1 Like

that stuff is different I mix it with grapefruit. orange FA and mandarin FA are a marriage made in heaven

2 Likes

I’ll keep that in mind and thanks the combination tip is appreciated

1 Like

There is also ecto cooler FW. It’s kinda like blood orange FW but different.

2 Likes

Is ecto cooler the one that is in fresh squeezed.

1 Like

You could say that. Kinda. All the orange have a different tang. That’s the issue. For strawberry it’s ripe or green. Orange the citrus and punch is all over the board.

2 Likes

Fa orange by itself is tastie.

2 Likes

MF Orange is a spot on Orange and you only need .3 to .5% to get a very good Orange flavor. It can also bolster those Orange flavors that’s lacking flavor. Pair it with Sour Wizard FA for tangy effect or Pyure to sweeten it. I have all 3 you posted and none are as good singly IMO.

3 Likes

Just to give you a starting point, I only have a partial notes available and the recipe is not ready (1 more month)…
Orange FA 1.75%
Manderine FA 2.75
Orange Cream TPA 3%

There are other pieces like graham, mallow, vanilla, and creams. Recipe comes to 12%. Which is very high. The orange is very very high. You shouldn’t vape it fresh, it will be super harsh and yucky to most. The FA orange’s are unusually high but weighted/designed to steep 3-4 weeks or until the mix goes from slight colorization to a deeper orange steeped color.

2 Likes

I find a lot of orange concentrates separate from the base (I mix, max VG) after mixing and if you don’t remember to shake the mix in the bottle before putting it in the tank, you tend to get a really strong almost pure orange concentrate vape for your first tankful and then weak orange vape for the rest of it…:slight_smile:

I also recommend MF Orange like Pro_vapes and I also like Inawera Shisha Orange reminds me of a sweet almost jaffa orange like taste, but can become a little bitter if mixed, with too higher percentage, I found.

2 Likes

Excellent Thanks for the feedback, the separation thing is a bit unfortunate have experienced it with a friend’s mix

1 Like

Thanks Chris I will certainly try this as a starting point when I get more concentrates :wink:

1 Like

Another one to buy, I’ll try this too use mf Orange with the blood Orange to see what that turns out like .

1 Like

Are you looking for a tang that’s citrus like or a tang that’s sour pucker ? Orange has a way of muting over time. I think what helps is if you can add supporting fruit but not nearly enough to make the profile noticeable.

Ex. would be something like this and continue to build as desired

Orange FA 1.00
Sweet tangerine Caps 1.00
Banana cream TFA 0.50
Pineapple FA 0.50
Orange cream TFA 2.00

FW Ecto Cooler did add a tang but it messed with my overall desired profile and added an undesired effect when I was using it as a citrus boost.

I have used the touted Pyrue and in deed it makes a rough orange turn vapable with out all the coughing which is why I tend to shy away from them.

Good Luck !

2 Likes

Amy you are a gem, even gave me a recipe as a starting point. I don’t have FA Orange, but have FW blood Orange that I can put in its place can I ask why you chose banana cream and pineapple as the supporting flavours

2 Likes

They’re " tangy " as in fruity and help add to the mouthfeel of a juice. Also both impart some sweetness to the juice w/o having to add an actual sweetener.

Blood orange is more stern and less sweet it works but it has a way of being sharp and harsh. I’d stay low on it well under 2% to keep that acid down some. Creams help buffer more acidic flavors so any creams in your mix will help tone it down a bit. Steeping is the key however w/ any orange, but Orange FA is pretty kind in that you can vape it slightly sooner than most Oranges…however to me it ( Orange FA ) is on the candy side and I know it takes over a batch quite quickly so Blood orange is in your favor since you’d like to have more than one orange make an appearance :wink: in your mix.

2 Likes

Some great information there Amy, haven’t worked with Orange favour before so all these tips are very useful thank you :wink:

2 Likes

Big thanks to you all for the suggestions, also really enjoying reading a lot of your threads packed with handy info if you take the time to look for it. And what I especially like is that there hardly ever seems to be any animosity or loftiness.

Great community, glad I found it and am a part of it. Anyway enough of the as@ kissing

Cheers

2 Likes