Aegis Legend getting new life

So a friend who goes through mods quick due to his construction job just asked what I got. I told him to try a Legend again, I have the original and also the V2. Sent him this pic and he said ugh, snakeskin and yeah, it is ugly for sure.

That is when I remembered I bought some textured, better looking snakeskin at hobby lobby. Wasn’t planning on buying anything but this stuff was in the clearance for $5 a yard so said why not?

Just took off the 4 screws that holds the frame around the old snakeskin, removed the frame, cut the new skin to fit and put the frame back on, no glue necessary :grin:

I did have to use some clamps to get the frame to line up with the screw holes again due to the added thickness. Overall it took maybe 20 minutes.

My friend is still taking the V2 instead but that is cool, I like the OG better with the new skin anyway.

25 Likes

Looks great

4 Likes

Oh man! Nice upgrade!!

/imagines that puppy in ostrich or alligator…

4 Likes

Oh, an Ostrich would be cool too. I am gonna have to tag along the next time she goes, can’t walk in there alone, I got testicles :laughing:

7 Likes

Check EBAY.I bought some samples for a couple of bucks some time ago. They are usually 1ft square samples but that’s big enough for something like this.

9 Likes

Nice, didn’t think about that. Thanks man :+1:

5 Likes

3 Likes

Beautiful! I did my OG Aegis in black lizard but I was looking for a brown alligator like yours. Looks really nice :smiley:

3 Likes

I have the GeekVape Aegis Solo Mod. Ive dropped mine by accident so many times. It is waterproof & shock resistant…I love it! Its also only needs one battery and its smaller then other typical mods…so I have no issues shoving it in my small jeans pocket when Im out working in the yard doing heavy labor. I believe Aegis makes em in different colors so you can pick a different skin. This is what mine looks like

EDIT: and it fits nicely in my small hands too. Ugh,guess I cant spell right today OIP.Vq2jaaG4ChwIV1PRREhM1AHaHa

4 Likes

They are a good mod. I have 2 solos and a Max. Don’t have the “small hands” thing but still works really well for me.

I really like the colours I have. The camo is not really my style and I may change it in time but it still looks good I reckon.

3 Likes

I found some old purses/large wallets at a thrift store big enough to work. Cost me $2-3 each. It’s a fun easy project. I think I’ll do my Aegis Solo too.

4 Likes

I found my pix…

Don’t forget you can buy different skeleton replacements, too. I know that the older OG Aegis skeletons are discontinued, though. Who knows, may find some on different vendor sites. Or trade with your Aegis friends :smiley:

6 Likes

Very nice @muth. I like it!
If I can’t find a skeleton, I’ll paint it myself and hope for the best. Having something unique and doing it yourself is fun. I need to do more.

6 Likes

Very nice @muth :+1:

I need to rummage through my mods for others that can be done.

4 Likes

should go through the stuff my ex left behind. there maybe something I could use. I remember lambskin gloves somewhere…

5 Likes

Oo, that would feel nice. Certain leathers you might have to be careful about getting juice on them. Just a thought.

5 Likes

Ah yes…good point

6 Likes