Age Verification

Had my 1st age verification on a vape related purchase. What a pain in the ass. I guess this will be our future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Others are running into this as well. What company did you have to do this for?

1 Like

This was at ecig.com. I had to send a pic of my photo id. Blurred out everything except the pic, DOB and address. Wasn’t a horrible experience but somehow it just creeps me out. I’ve had to do this via snail mail before for non-vape things.

4 Likes

Interesting, there are some age verification system companies that some of the vendors are using. I think that is what we will be seeing in the future.

1 Like

I chatted with Adam there and he said they were working on another verification system. He told me that this was just a fast work around to ensure they comply with FDA regs.

3 Likes

If they ever get those VT133s back in stock i guess ill have to do the same.

3 Likes

lol That’s why I was there. Ended up with a couple Serpent minis instead.

2 Likes

Great mod, i needs moar!

3 Likes

If anyone ever asks me for that, it will be a big fat no…

Do they not realise that, that method doesnt cover them for anything…??

1 Like

That was what I thought also. I could have easily Photoshopped anything I wanted. I’m sure this will become a problem down the line.

2 Likes

Next time they ask you for ID like that find an image online and send it to them… They will never know the difference…

Its the same as all these “confirm your age” dialogs on the vape sites, stupidity at its best, a real lack of understanding by vendors.

Education people, that is the way you beat these retards at the FDA

2 Likes

That’s the FDA… create as much frustration as possible and deter as many vapers as possible.

4 Likes

I think we should be able to black out the number and expiration date on them so all they get is the picture and our DOB

@GPC2012 A picture? do they know you? What good is a picture online? Its ridiculous and we, as intelligent human beings with common sense should point blank tell them…

1 Like

Sadly they will tell us to go to hell and we won’t get whatever it is we are shopping for.

Very true, but as a consumer, just show them your rights to consume… :wink:

I was on another site and they had implemented “Blue Check” which sounds like a pre-existing Age Verification product (other Adult products) Stuff like this is going to raise costs for sure and China is laughing and will be able to undercut all American Vendors …already are.

BTW I clicked off that site…

1 Like

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist but I view this as the FDA’s version of this:

http://coastalstudies.org/programs/humpback-whale-research/satellite-tagging/

…to which they will probably illegally turn all information over to Altria to shape the sale and distribution of their products.

2 Likes
1 Like

Uh yeaaah… NO. Thanks @redscaddy22

“Age Verification” my ass …this is Vapor Identification/tracking. Looks like China won …smart move FDA way to keep the Kids safe and shut down US Buinesses