Air bubble on display on steam crave pmw mod

hi i wonder how this happened and is it any way to remove it?

3 Likes

the quality on the display isnt the best but maybe it was there when i bought it i dont remember

4 Likes

Is there a clear, plastic, scratch guard on top of the display ?

11 Likes

not that i know of

2 Likes

yes i think it is but how i get rid of it?

2 Likes

so sick i noticed it now but is it possible to get rid of it

2 Likes

It’s a protective plastic film. Use your fingernail and pull it off like you would a piece of tape

4 Likes

okey have you done it your self?

2 Likes

i wait untill it gets of easy thanks man

2 Likes

delete this thread now someone i dont know why i didnt think on that its not the first mod i buy but thanks everyone anyways:)

2 Likes

@min0 sometimes the MFG places a thin, plastic scratch guard, which can be peeled off. I don’t know if yours has that installed or not, but you could see if it is installed, and peel it off.

3 Likes

it must be so cause it feels like it and make sense after i heard you guys tell me this maybe maybe if i wait it falls of in time

2 Likes

realy hard tho to se where i can peel it of lets hope the air buble gets bigger and make it essy to peel it of

2 Likes

now i succesed to remove the film but i have noticed a small dust part or some shit behind the glass and the inside the lcd of the mod very small dust flake or something idk what you think should i forget about it and vape on or screw apart the mod and try to remove it?

3 Likes

this dust was in the mod when i bought it

3 Likes

If you couldn’t figure out the protective film, I wouldn’t try taking this mod apart.
Send it back where you bought it and request a new one.

6 Likes

dont think its necesary

3 Likes

If it’s just cosmetic and it was mine, I would just forget about it and vape on. However, if it bothers you contact whoever you bought it from. If you bought it from an authorized retailer you can contact Steam Crave direct using the support email listed on the web site. Of course, the same applies if you bought it directly from Steam Crave. I don’t know who the authorized reseller’s are, other than FastTech, but it’s listed somewhere on the Steam Crave web pages.

Regarding the dust in your picture. Is that picture with the plastic screen protector? It looks like it.

Does the dust move around if you shake it? Maybe you can shake it away from the display?

3 Likes

@min0, great job on peeling off the scratch plastic sticker, I’d just leave it along, and keep vaping.

2 Likes

Okej i did it i have screw it apart just the over part and got rid of the stupid dust flake it was very easy just the 3 top screws and then lift it up easy and vipe it away.seems to be pretty good build quality if you look inside strong soldering.do you have this mod?

3 Likes