All the milks? Demystified?

With all of the different milk/cream flavors out there. It would be great if some one could do taste descriptions and comparisons of milks and creams. Such as dairy milk compared to condensed milk or sweet cream. Fresh cream compared to whipped etc. Maybe someobe more knowledgable could explain what compound makes things taste “milky” and which flavors have the most or least of it

8 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

7 Likes

Lots goes into researching the compounds… Different manufacturers go different routes. Reasons why certain cream type flaves have coconut notes etc etc. The best thing to do is compare for yourself , read notes . Everyone tastes things different

12 Likes

Welcome to ELR @DarthVaper7. I have no clue what compound it is, but getting the perfect Milk flavor can VARY. Cereals can sometimes require a slightly different approach as opposed to other mixes.

Most times, FA Cream Fresh, OOO Cream (Milky Undertone), and TPA Dairy/Milk are the go to’s. Cereals can benefit from FA Meringue added in as well.

8 Likes

Thanks Session. Thats super helpful. My never ending quest to recreate “The Vaping Rabbits” Milkman continues. I must be clear here, not “One-Hit-Wonder”. It has been 12 yrs since I tasted the original. So I’m really chasing a ghost.

5 Likes

Check Noted videos.

Their Milk episode is still quite on point despite being 5 and a half years old (meaning not many great new milky flavors came out lately). For various creams you’ll find more recent shows here.

7 Likes

Sounds like me and S’mores.

5 Likes

I’m chasing the ghost too - Vaping Rabbit’s Milkman was incredible and it’s a crime against humanity that it’s no longer available…

I’m always on the look-out for a decent/accurate clone — I actually mixed this recipe last night from ELR and it’s pretty damn good right off the shake and will hopefully get even better after a steep.

I had to sub the EM for Chef’s SC Meringue and used the DX version of Dairy/Milk because that’s all I had, but pleased how it’s turned out.

Kudos to @DIY_Vapor for putting in the hard yards creating the recipe.

7 Likes

Do you have Smore’s Marshmallow Brownies (MB) @SessionDrummer? This one is (not perfect by any means, but still) pretty decent on its own with a nice flavor separation (and also a good mixer).

6 Likes

Yes @Mikser, and it was very good.

4 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

6 Likes

:wave: @DarthVaper7 & @Charlie6 :wave:

5 Likes

They do, Subscribe to Diy or Die on youtube and then type in Noted Flavors, Like noted strawberries,noted milks-creams,noted everything as the test team tries all single flavor tests from all diff brand milks or whatever and they rate them worst to first (in the US) not sure if you can dial that in or not from wherever your from but its so helpful before buying my flavorings.:call_me_hand:They do whipped creams separate from reg milk and creams tho

6 Likes

Hey SD , can he dial in Noted flavors from there on youtube? Diy or Die channel i mean or is it different cuz im in the States? :face_with_monocle: its a single flav test show and they’ll rate Flav brands worst to first from all diff brands on one show,Noted Milks id type in as they’ve gone over creams and milks 2-3 times from Tpa,Wf,Fa etc but you prob aware of it if anyone is there as I’ve seen your reviews in my inbox and at Bull City.

4 Likes