All the RY4s (and then some)

Woot! My friend has some OG Gold Ducat which she offered to me.

3 Likes

I agree Hangsen RY4 is a good one.

3 Likes

Welcome Rlove!

I didn’t want to clutter up the thread, with my convoluted recipe & mixing style, but muth twisted my arm :wink:

I’ve never found an RY4 type flavor (in the classic sense) that impressed me. I love somewhat sweet tobacco vapes, so it makes no sense that I haven’t yet found an RY4 that fit the bill. Maybe just my particular taste buds. I’ve tried Hangsen RY4, Hangsen RY4 Asian, TPA RY4 Double, and a couple more that escape me, at the moment. Maybe I need to push the RY4 Double higher than I’m normally comfy with. It’s in so many recipes, and the percentage always seems much higher than I’m normally accustomed to. Maybe I’ll keep pushing it up, and see if that unlocks the popularity for me.

The one RY flavor that I like, is probably the lightest of the RY brotherhood. That’s Hangsen RY1. I use that in a few of my mixes. I’m a big Hangsen tobacco fan.

This recipe isn’t a typical RY recipe. It just happens to have some RY1 in it.

Dog Food

Don’t let the name scare you…lol. I named it Dog Food because it works so well in my Doggystyle RTA. I kept trying different mixes in the Doggy, and this one worked well (for me).

This is my lazy side talking. Yes, we can find the perfect vanilla (out of probably 2 dozen different vanillas) and the perfect caramel (out of another dozen). We can try those 36 flavors in endless combinations, to come up with one combo that goes well with tobacco. Or, we can try the fast lane, and try a flavor that already has the vanilla & caramel combined, and add that to the tobacco. I’ve been experimenting with OSDIY Lucky Shot and/or Lotta Latte, as a add to tobacco blends. They both have caramel & vanilla in them.

One version adds a little graham cracker (the Lucky Shot), the the other adds a little coffee (Lotta Latte). For my taste buds, the Lotta Latte goes great with tobacco. I’m hoping the Lucky Shot will turn out as good. I guess this is my version of a shortcut to RY4 land, without trying endless combinations of various vanilla / caramel combos.

Pardon the long winded post, but maybe some of my ideas / methods can be used as building blocks to find a RY4 version that works well for someone. The ‘classic RY4’ has been twisted, tweaked, mutated, and customized to the point that it’s now tobacco, vanilla, caramel, and whatever the hell else you feel like adding to it, to personalize the final mix.

5 Likes

Welcome to ELR Rlove and thx for the input. If one more person says Hangsen I’m pulling the trigger. Actually, you’re that person and it’s on the shopping list now. :+1:

3 Likes